[efloraofindia:33207] Scadoxus multiflorus

Balkar Arya

Apr 24, 2010, 11:50:52 AM4/24/10
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Football Lily (as called by Nurserymen)
Scadoxus multiflorus ??
pls validate

Regards

--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Scadoxus multiflorus Football Lily 24-6-07 Lohari.jpg

tanay bose

Apr 24, 2010, 11:58:03 AM4/24/10
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Dear Balkar ji,
Yes it is!!! I am very sure this plant is Scadoxus multiflorus also known as Haemanthus multiflorus, I have this plant with me in my garden and also I did cytological studies (mitosis) from the root tips of this plant in my college. It is commonly called Blood lily out there people call it as Red Ball Lily.
Regards
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Balkar Arya

Apr 24, 2010, 12:05:18 PM4/24/10
to tanay bose, indiantreepix
Dear Tanay Ji
Let me know at what time we should collect its root tips to get maximum dividing cells
regards

tanay bose

Apr 24, 2010, 12:14:23 PM4/24/10
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Dear Balakr ji,
In Haemanthus multiflorus
pluck the root tip around 11:00 -11:30 A.M, but make one thing for sure that the soil in which it is growing should be wet (optimum drenched) otherwise you will never get good divisions . Water the plant well for at least 3-4 days before to take the root tips. If you want you can give me a call now.
Regards
Tanay

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 9:35 PM, Balkar Arya <balka...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Tanay Ji
Let me know at what time we should collect its root tips to get maximum dividing cells

regards
--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Balkar Arya

Apr 24, 2010, 12:18:30 PM4/24/10
to tanay bose, indiantreepix
Thank You Dear Tanay for info
Regards

--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat

tanay bose

Apr 24, 2010, 12:24:48 PM4/24/10
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Welcome Balakr Ji Happy to help you
tanay

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Balkar Arya <balka...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank You Dear Tanay for info

Regards

--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Balkar Arya

Jul 24, 2011, 12:15:28 PM7/24/11
to tanay bose, indiantreepix
Some more Pics from Arya PG College Campus

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 9:54 PM, tanay bose <tanay...@gmail.com> wrote:
Welcome Balakr Ji Happy to help you
tanay

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Balkar Arya <balka...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank You Dear Tanay for info

Regards

--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

--
Regards
IMG_6104Sm.JPG
IMG_6105Sm.JPG
IMG_6106Sm.JPG

Mohan V. Chunkath

Jul 24, 2011, 2:16:08 PM7/24/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr. Balkar Singh,
Another Scadoxus multiflorus photograph. To the left of the
flowerhead, a leaf can be seen. This photograph was taken in Adyar
Theosophical Society Gardens on 21 June, 2011. It is a cultivated
garden plant.
Regards,
Mohan
5855448872_3b69a93f01_o.jpg

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Jul 24, 2011, 4:14:55 PM7/24/11
to efloraofindia
Try collecting root tips between 9:30am-10:30 am.
Pankaj

On Jul 24, 11:16 pm, "Mohan V. Chunkath" <mohan.chunk...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>  5855448872_3b69a93f01_o.jpg
> 640KViewDownload

Balkar Arya

Jul 24, 2011, 8:25:17 PM7/24/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Good pic Mohan Ji

Satish Phadke

Jul 25, 2011, 3:34:16 AM7/25/11
to Balkar Arya, tanay bose, indiantreepix
Nice pictures of Blood lily or Football lily
Family :Amaryllidaceae.
Dr Phadke

Mahadeswara

Jul 25, 2011, 10:50:14 AM7/25/11
to efloraofindia
Please see earlier postings on this plant during May (May 12th) from
Mysore city. I have this plant in my house.