TED TALK: The Beautiful Tricks of Flowers - Jonathan Drori

Dev Kumar

Jul 9, 2011, 12:14:49 AM7/9/11
to indiantreepix, MNS
Dear friends,

I happened to see this video titled The Beautiful Tricks of Flowers by Jonathan Drori on the TED site.
According to TED: "In this visually dazzling talk, Jonathan Drori shows the extraordinary ways flowering plants -- over a quarter million species -- have evolved to attract insects to spread their pollen: growing 'landing-strips' to guide the insects in, shining in ultraviolet, building elaborate traps, and even mimicking other insects in heat."

http://www.ted.com/talks/jonathan_drori_the_beautiful_tricks_of_flowers.html

When you see this talk you can see the link to Every Pollen Grain has a story - another Drori talk.
And also a lovely talk by Nalini Nadkarni on Preserving the Canopy

Dev

Satish Phadke

Jul 9, 2011, 12:05:17 PM7/9/11
to Dev Kumar, indiantreepix, MNS
I checked it yesterady only. It is really good....

Doreen D'Sa

Jul 10, 2011, 2:33:05 AM7/10/11
to efloraofindia
Interesting video. Thanks for sharing