ORCHIDACEAE: Eulophia andamanensis Rchb.f.

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 30, 2011, 4:50:10 AM9/30/11
to indiantreepix
Eulophia andamanensis Rchb.f., Flora 55: 276 (1872).

Synonyms:
Graphorkis andamanensis (Rchb.f.) Kuntze, Revis. Gen. Pl. 2: 662 (1891).
Cyrtopera andamanensis (Rchb.f.) Rolfe, Gard. Chron., III, 18: 581 (1895).
Eulophia keithii Ridl., J. Linn. Soc., Bot. 32: 333 (1896).
Eulophia poilanei Gagnep., Bull. Mus. Natl. Hist. Nat., II, 3: 683 (1931).

Current pic taken at TBGRI, Trivandrum.

Regards
Pankaj

"Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient !!"

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Conservation Officer

Office:
Flora Conservation Department
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation
Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

Residence:
36B, Ng Tung Chai, Lam Tseun
Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

email: pku...@kbfg.org
       sahani...@gmail.com
       pankaj...@rediffmail.com
Phone: +852 2483 7128 (office - 8:30am to 5:30pm)
       +852 9436 6251; +852 5431 6094 (mobile)

Slide13.JPG
Slide14.JPG

Balkar Arya

Sep 30, 2011, 4:55:18 AM9/30/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Beautiful shot Pankaj Ji
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Satish Phadke

Sep 30, 2011, 4:57:13 AM9/30/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
It seems you are showing some out of the world species.
Literally if one can't visit the place it is out side his or her world. Due to this group and people like you we are lucky that we can see these true pictures.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Pankaj Kumar <sahani...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Dr Satish Phadke

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 30, 2011, 4:59:10 AM9/30/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Thanks for the compliments sir.
But this plant is found in India in Andamans.
And it was taken in India only :)
Pankaj

Satish Phadke

Sep 30, 2011, 5:02:36 AM9/30/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Even planning to visit Andaman; though not impossible now is difficult and again finding this in bloom means less chances. Anyway TFS
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 30, 2011, 5:03:31 AM9/30/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
This was taken in December winters last year.
Pankaj

Mayur Nandikar

Sep 30, 2011, 5:04:32 AM9/30/11
to Pankaj Kumar, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Hello to all
And Pankaj ji Thank you for sharing such a nice Orchid species.
--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,

Na Bha

Sep 30, 2011, 5:58:10 AM9/30/11
to Pankaj Kumar, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Pankaj ji,
you have written, that current Pic taken at TGBRI Trivandrum.
Where in Andaman, know any special place?
Thanks
Nalini

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 30, 2011, 7:02:06 AM9/30/11
to Na Bha, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
I will have to inquire where in Andaman it is found.
Pankaj.