Fruit & Vegetable Week- Terminalia citrina

raju das

Jan 3, 2011, 12:35:46 PM1/3/11
to indiantreepix

Dear All,

This is flowers and fruit of Terminalia citrina (Gaertn)Roxb. of Combretaceae. Considered as sacred fruit in some region.

Thanks,

--
Raju Das
Nature's Foster

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 3, 2011, 12:37:41 PM1/3/11
to raju das, indiantreepix
Hey Dr. Vijayshankar was looking for a picture of this plant.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Vijayasankar

Jan 3, 2011, 3:20:22 PM1/3/11
to Pankaj Kumar, raju das, indiantreepix
Wow, thanks Raju ji for posting this. Yes, as Dr.Pankaj said i was hunting for pictures of Terminalia, espl from northeast region.
I want to use these pictures in a poster with your permission. If it is ok for you, please send the higher resolution pictures to my id.
I'll post my collections from Moreh Forest Guest House in Manipur which i thought as this species. But the fruits somewhat resemble that of T. chebula.
[Thanks to Dinesh ji and Dr.Ritesh for sharing their pictures of Terminalia].

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.
Post Doctoral Research Associate
Thad Cochran Research Center
University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS 38677
Phone: +1 662 915 1018