Lychee

satyendra tiwari

Jun 19, 2011, 7:20:37 AM6/19/11
to efloraofindia
Dear All,
I have two Lychee tree in my garden propagated from seeds.
These are about ten years old but not flowered yet.
At what age they start bearing fruit?
Are they ever going to flower?
Thanks.
Satyendra

--
Satyendra K.Tiwari.
Wildlife Photographer, Naturalist, Tour Leader

mani nair

Jun 20, 2011, 6:40:40 AM6/20/11
to satyendra tiwari, efloraofindia
Satyendra ji, the tree grown from seed takes more time than the grafted one.  If you are putting water daily, then try putting water alternate days.  It induces some stress in the tree and it produces flowers and fruits.    Also put some fish emulsion around the tree which is good for fruit production and immediately after putting the fish emulsion water the tree.

Wish you all the best.

Regards,

Mani.