spathodea with yellow flowers

Mohina Macker

Mar 8, 2011, 2:15:58 AM3/8/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
this tree is growing near gateway of india
regards
mohina macker
IMG_0001 a.jpg
IMG_0002 a.jpg

Rashida Atthar

Mar 8, 2011, 2:23:27 AM3/8/11
to Mohina Macker, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks  for posting pictures  of  the yellow flowered tulip tree, was not aware of this one in Mumbai !

regards,
Rashida.

Pankaj Kumar

Mar 8, 2011, 2:41:42 AM3/8/11
to Mohina Macker, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing, I assume its the same species Spathodea campanulata
Regards
Pankaj

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Mohina Macker <mohina...@gmail.com> wrote:

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Mohina Macker

Mar 8, 2011, 5:10:18 AM3/8/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
With some little bit of research on the internet I gathered that spathodea is a monotypic genus, though with several synonyms, in the family bignoniaceae.
Rarely they are reported to have yellow or apricot colored flowers
regards
mohina macker

Pardeshi S.

Mar 8, 2011, 8:27:13 AM3/8/11
to efloraofindia
it is called Spathodea campanulata var. Konagold

opposite Mantralaya

regards
Satish Pardeshi