Datura for ID : 310111 : AK-2

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 31, 2011, 1:34:33 AM1/31/11
to efloraofindia
Taken on the 20 July,08 at Pune,Maharashtra.
Smaller flower compared to other Daturas.
Aarti
DSCN5830-Datura.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 31, 2011, 1:36:28 AM1/31/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Flower looks unusually small. fruit should help. Leaves suggest. D. inoxia.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Muthu Karthick

Jan 31, 2011, 4:11:02 AM1/31/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Any Nicandra sp.? a wild guess only.
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 09626833911
www.careearthtrust.org

tanay bose

Jan 31, 2011, 8:50:39 AM1/31/11
to Muthu Karthick, Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Muthu Nicandra don't have petals with acute apex
hence there it can be Datura innoxia
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

J.M. Garg

May 16, 2011, 3:47:05 AM5/16/11
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, le...@rediffmail.com, drsmp...@gmail.com, tcha...@gmail.com, ajinky...@gmail.com, agasti...@yahoo.co.in, aparna...@gmail.com, raani...@gmail.com, neha.v...@gmail.com, rahu...@gmail.com, Plumbago...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Flower looks unusually small. fruit should help. Leaves suggest. D. inoxia.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

“Nicandra don't have petals with acute apex

hence there it can be Datura innoxia

Tanay”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

DSCN5830-Datura.JPG

amit chauhan

May 16, 2011, 5:55:17 AM5/16/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, le...@rediffmail.com, drsmp...@gmail.com, tcha...@gmail.com, ajinky...@gmail.com, agasti...@yahoo.co.in, aparna...@gmail.com, raani...@gmail.com, neha.v...@gmail.com, rahu...@gmail.com, Plumbago...@gmail.com
Datura innoxia indeed
--
Dr. Amit Chauhan
Junior Technical Assistant

Aarti S. Khale

May 16, 2011, 11:15:37 AM5/16/11
to amit chauhan, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, efloraofindia
Dear Gurcharan ji,Tanay and Amit ji,
Thanks for the id.
Regards,
Aarti

On 5/16/11, amit chauhan <amit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Datura innoxia indeed
>
> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 1:17 PM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>>
>> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>>

>> “Flower looks unusually small. fruit should help. Leaves suggest. *D.
>> inoxia.*

>> --
>> Dr. Gurcharan Singh”
>>

>> “Nicandra don't have petals with acute apex

>> hence there it *can be Datura innoxia
>> *

>> Tanay”

JM Garg

Sep 17, 2022, 12:16:36 PM9/17/22
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
I think this is close to images and details at Datura stramonium L.

Sep 17, 2022, 12:47:58 PM9/17/22
to Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com, GurcharanSingh
On further checking, I think it may be Datura ferox, as per images and details herein.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Sep 17, 2022, 1:21:16 PM9/17/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Aarti S. Khale, GurcharanSingh
Yes Garg Ji, very close to D. ferox,
With regards.

J.M. Garg

Sep 17, 2022, 1:34:54 PM9/17/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Aarti S. Khale, GurcharanSingh, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks, Paradesi ji

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 19, 2022, 1:10:07 AM9/19/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
Thanks Garg Ji.
Regards,
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 19, 2022, 1:11:58 AM9/19/22
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
Thanks Paradesi Ji.
Regards,
Aarti