Fruit & Vegetable Week- Coriandrum sativum L.

raju das

Jan 3, 2011, 10:45:31 AM1/3/11
to indiantreepix

Dear All,

Let  have some spicy veg. This is the flower and tender fruit of Coriander  {Coriandrum sativum L. (Apiaceae). Green leaves are eaten raw, used in pokodas, chatnis and dried seeds are also used medicinally. Important food/nectaring (?? Need comment from expert) plants for butterflies.

Thanks,

--
Raju Das
Nature's Foster

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 3, 2011, 10:51:32 AM1/3/11
to raju das, indiantreepix
Nice pics. Thanks a lot for sharing.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

tanay bose

Jan 3, 2011, 10:57:21 AM1/3/11
to Pankaj Kumar, raju das, indiantreepix
Extraordinary photography
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Prashant awale

Jan 3, 2011, 11:00:22 AM1/3/11
to tanay bose, Pankaj Kumar, raju das, indiantreepix
Dear Raju ji,
Excellent. I liked all these photographs.
regards
Prashant

raju

Jan 3, 2011, 11:51:41 AM1/3/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Pankaj sir, Tanayji, Prashantji

Thank you so much for the appreciation

Raju

On Jan 3, 9:00 pm, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Raju ji,
> Excellent. I liked all these photographs.
> regards
> Prashant
>

> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 9:27 PM, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Extraordinary photography
> > Tanay
>
> > On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Nice pics. Thanks a lot for sharing.
> >> Pankaj

> >> Coriander

> >> --
> >> ***********************************************
> >> "TAXONOMISTS GETTING EXTINCT AND SPECIES DATA DEFICIENT !!"
>
> >> Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
> >> Research Associate
> >> Greater Kailash Sacred Landscape Project
> >> Department of Habitat Ecology
> >> Wildlife Institute of India
> >> Post Box # 18
> >> Dehradun - 248001, India
>
> > --
> > *Tanay Bose*
> > Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> > Department of Botany.
> > University of British Columbia .
> > 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> > Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> > Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
> >             604-822-2019 (Lab)
> > ta...@interchange.ubc.ca- Hide quoted text -

Satish Phadke

Jan 4, 2011, 8:55:00 AM1/4/11
to raju das, indiantreepix
Hi Raju ji
Great pictures...

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 8, 2011, 1:39:10 AM1/8/11
to Satish Phadke, raju das, indiantreepix
Nice catch of flowers and butterflies.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Nidhan Singh

Jan 8, 2011, 2:36:35 AM1/8/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Satish Phadke, raju das, indiantreepix
Dear All,
I am also sending two pics of the inflorescence of this plant, this
time without pollinators.
Regards,
--
Dr. Nidhan Singh