Euphorbiaceae week :: Phyllanthaceae: Bridelia scandens

Satish Phadke

Mar 8, 2011, 10:36:02 AM3/8/11
to indiantreepix
Bridelia scandens
A hardy shrub.3 ft tall
Leaves coriaceous rough.
Flowers tiny less than a cm axillary. Green.
Seen in Konkan Near Rajapur.
Dr Phadke
_MG_9372s.jpg
_MG_9369s.jpg

Rashida Atthar

Mar 9, 2011, 12:50:44 AM3/9/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Thnaks for the nice pictures  Satish ji. The current accepted name for this plant is Bridelia stipularis (L.) Blume as per the  Kew PLantList.   There are several Synonyms of the plant one of them being Bridelia scandens (Roxb.) Willd.
Attaching type specimens of the same from Kew Harbarium and my own pictures take at  Anashi /Kulgi WL in April 2010.

regards,
Rashida.

Type specimen 1.jpg
Type sepcimen 2.jpg
Type specimen 3.jpg

Rashida Atthar

Mar 9, 2011, 1:22:33 AM3/9/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Here are my pictures of Bridelia stipularis (L.) Blume  from Anashi WLS taken in April 2010.

regards,
Rashida.

Bridelia stipularis (L.) Blume.JPG
Bridelia stipularis (L.) Blume leavves.JPG
Bridelia stipularis (L.) Blume (2).JPG
Bridelia stipularis (L.) Blume bark.JPG