aquatic plant for ID090311AMS1

aadil meher

Mar 9, 2011, 8:52:18 AM3/9/11
to indiantreepix
05032011204.jpg

Vijayadas D

Mar 9, 2011, 9:12:34 AM3/9/11
to aadil meher, indiantreepix
Could you please provide the following,

locality, habit, habitat, occurence and ecology of this plant which are essential part in Plant taxonomy.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 4:52 PM, aadil meher <aadilsh...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Vijayadas
Electro Saudi Services Ltd.

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 9, 2011, 9:26:36 AM3/9/11
to Vijayadas D, aadil meher, indiantreepix
Aadil ji
Please provide the relevant information. It is being observed that most of your posts are without details.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

manudev madhavan

Mar 10, 2011, 3:25:25 AM3/10/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Vijayadas D, aadil meher, indiantreepix
This could be Centella asiatica (Apiaceae)
--
Manudev K Madhavan
Junior Research Fellow

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 10, 2011, 4:19:20 AM3/10/11
to manudev madhavan, Vijayadas D, aadil meher, indiantreepix
Manudev ji
I knew the name, but did not provide as the post was without any details. The plant grows commonly in wet places in Delhi.  By providing names for posts with no details the number of people sending such photographs is increasing.
    I would request members to please honour the comment made  by the previous member, especially when he/she has asked the member to provide details. This is essential if we want to contribute in building a good  database.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

manudev madhavan

Mar 10, 2011, 6:08:48 AM3/10/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Vijayadas D, aadil meher, indiantreepix
Dear all,

I am extremely sorry to make a comment on the post..!
I was not much aware about the seriousness of the situation..
Please receive my sincere apologies if it hurt anybody...!!!
Expecting your kind response always

regards

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 10, 2011, 6:29:54 AM3/10/11
to manudev madhavan, Vijayadas D, aadil meher, indiantreepix
It is fine Manudev ji All of us have to contribute for positive developments on the group. In this case two us Vijayadas ji and me had asked for details. Some important information about the locality, altitude, habitat, habit (herb, shrub, tree, climber, etc.), size of leaves, size of flowers every member (without any knowledge of botany) can provide. Sizes often get mixed up when we have photographs with different magnification. I still remember, once I saw a close up of flower of Duranta which looked so big that I confused it for Thunburgia, whose flowers are much larger. Our moderators, especially Shrikant ji, have developed the format for ID after a lot of discussion. It is the duty of every member to see that it is implemented.

Muthu Karthick

Mar 10, 2011, 10:36:37 AM3/10/11
to Gurcharan Singh, manudev madhavan, Vijayadas D, aadil meher, indiantreepix
Yes Singhji,
So only I am also refraining from replying from those bleak posts. Soon they will understand the necessity of details.
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,