Fruits & Vegetables Week: RVS-5

Vijayasankar

Jan 4, 2011, 10:56:37 PM1/4/11
to indiatreepix
Elaeagnus indica, a wild edible fruit, from Sirumalai hills. I wanted you to see the seed, so i finished the pulp. It tasted somewhat sour & sweet.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.
Post Doctoral Research Associate
Thad Cochran Research Center
University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS 38677
Phone: +1 662 915 1018

elaeagnus indica_1.JPG
elaeagnus indica_3.JPG
elaeagnus indica_5.JPG

Anil Thakur

May 10, 2019, 10:33:20 AM5/10/19
to efloraofindia
Garg ji, kindly check the last photograph. It is from Apiaceae.

Regards

Ushadi Micromini

May 10, 2019, 7:56:46 PM5/10/19
to efloraofindia
yes  Anil

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 8:03 PM Anil Thakur <aniltha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Garg ji, kindly check the last photograph. It is from Apiaceae.

Regards

Saroj Kasaju

May 11, 2019, 1:44:43 PM5/11/19
to efloraindia
Images ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Ushadi Micromini

May 12, 2019, 1:37:25 AM5/12/19
to efloraofindia
saroj ji
i gave the link
so that it would save time for other people

when no such link is given
what you have to do is copy title of the thread
paste that title of the thread
press enter
voila,      you get the thread
takes a couple of minutes

but i saved you that time
so now all you have  to do is click on the link i gave
look above

click on it
get that old thread
Usha di
===========
ps your signature has this sentence..... in all your replies.... yet you dont use it

i quote"

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
 end quote

JM Garg

May 21, 2019, 6:27:18 AM5/21/19
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Anil Thakur
elaeagnus indica_1.JPG
elaeagnus indica_3.JPG
elaeagnus indica_5.JPG

J.M. Garg

May 21, 2019, 6:31:28 AM5/21/19
to efloraofindia, Anil Thakur, Saroj Kasaju, Vijayasankar Raman
Hi, Anil ji,
To me the seeds in last image appears to be OK and not from Apiaceae.
Pl. see similar seeds at

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

elaeagnus indica_1.JPG
elaeagnus indica_3.JPG
elaeagnus indica_5.JPG

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

May 21, 2019, 10:10:31 AM5/21/19
to J. M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Vijayasankar Raman
I'll report back, Garg ji
I'll check it myself again. I have relished it many times.

Regards

J.M. Garg

May 21, 2019, 10:20:13 AM5/21/19
to Anil Thakur, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Vijayasankar Raman
Ok

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

May 21, 2019, 10:50:54 AM5/21/19
to J.M. Garg, Anil Thakur, Vijayasankar Raman, efloraofindia
Seeds belong to Elaeagnus !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

May 21, 2019, 10:58:07 AM5/21/19
to Saroj Kasaju, J. M. Garg, Vijayasankar, efloraofindia
Convinced, Sir

Regards