Wild flower identification needed

Neha Singh

Aug 18, 2011, 5:33:44 AM8/18/11
to efloraofindia

This wild flower I photographed at Pune, in November.2010.
 Please help me identify this.

Thanks
Neha Singh

All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great n small
All things wise n wonderful, the good God made them all

oct 2010 032.JPG

Mahadeswara

Aug 18, 2011, 7:27:46 AM8/18/11
to efloraofindia
Lamiaceae member.
>  oct 2010 032.JPG
> 362KViewDownload

Smilax004

Aug 18, 2011, 7:34:08 AM8/18/11
to Neha Singh, indiantreepix, Mahadeswara Swamy
This could be, most probably, a species of Crotalaria of Leguminosae
family.
Please share more information such Habitat, habit, location etc.
regarding the plant with pictures in which we can see the flower from
the front as well as from side, preferably close up shots. If possible
please follow the format of our group while uploading pictures for
identification.

Thanks and Regards,
Giby

On Aug 18, 2:33 pm, Neha Singh <neha.vind...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  oct 2010 032.JPG
> 362KViewDownload

Satish Phadke

Aug 18, 2011, 10:02:21 AM8/18/11
to Neha Singh, efloraofindia
Neha ji
May I request you to ...Please see the posting guidelines.
The subject line should have been something like Plant for ID  18/08/11 NS1
You have to provide details like place habit habitat wild/garden etc.
It is regularly advised for compilation in the database.
The subject line ID For ID Hi ; for Identification etc are discouraged on the group as the threads often gets mixed up.
Anyway I had seen this plant last 2 years in some what similar season. in Kothrud Karve Nagar area growing wild.
Attaching my images.
Dr Phadke
Cullen 3.jpg
Cullen 1.jpg
Cullen 2.jpg
DSCN2973s.jpg
DSCN2968s.jpg
DSCN2972s.jpg

Vijayasankar

Aug 18, 2011, 10:19:49 AM8/18/11
to Satish Phadke, Neha Singh, efloraofindia
Isn't it Cullen corylifolia (= Psoralea corylifolia) ?!...

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Smilax004

Aug 18, 2011, 11:59:46 AM8/18/11
to Vijayasankar, indiantreepix, Neha Singh, Mahadeswara Swamy

Yes, Vijay I too think that this would most probably Cullen
corylifolium (L.) Medik. of Leguminosae family.
Thanks Satish Ji for posting wonderful pictures that depicts almost
all characters of the species except the habit and habitat.

Regards,
Giby

On Aug 18, 7:19 pm, Vijayasankar <vijay.botan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't it *Cullen corylifolia* (= Psoralea corylifolia) ?!...

> Regards
>
> Vijayasankar Raman
> National Center for Natural Products Research
> University of Mississippi
>

> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Neha ji
> > May I request you to ...Please see the posting guidelines.
> > The subject line should have been something like Plant for ID  18/08/11 NS1
> > You have to provide details like place habit habitat wild/garden etc.
> > It is regularly advised for compilation in the database.
> > The subject line ID For ID Hi ; for Identification etc are discouraged on
> > the group as the threads often gets mixed up.
> > Anyway I had seen this plant last 2 years in some what similar season. in
> > Kothrud Karve Nagar area growing wild.
> > Attaching my images.
> > Dr Phadke

Harshad M. Pandit

Aug 18, 2011, 12:00:35 PM8/18/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Satish Phadke, Neha Singh

Cullen corylifolium (L) Medik.

It is Cullen corylifolium commonly known as Bavchi
-Stems and branches covered with white hairs & red glands
_Leaves 2.3-7x2.0-5.5 cm broadly elliptic, apex mucronate, margin inciso-dentate
_Flowers bluish purple
_Pods ovoid-oblong black 1 seeded