Lagerstroemia lanceolata flowering.

Neil Soares

May 8, 2011, 1:28:55 PM5/8/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
 Hi,
    Photograped at Shahapur today. Have followed Dr.Almeida's classification here.
                           Regards,
                            Neil Soares.
Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 1.jpg
Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 2.jpg
Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 3.jpg
Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 4.jpg
Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 5.jpg
Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 6.jpg
Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 7.jpg
Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 8.jpg

Dr Pankaj Kumar

May 8, 2011, 5:02:45 PM5/8/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot sir for sharing beautiful profile of a beautiful plant.
Pankaj
>  Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 1.jpg
> 228KViewDownload
>
>  Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 2.jpg
> 82KViewDownload
>
>  Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 3.jpg
> 73KViewDownload
>
>  Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 4.jpg
> 77KViewDownload
>
>  Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 5.jpg
> 95KViewDownload
>
>  Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 6.jpg
> 83KViewDownload
>
>  Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 7.jpg
> 66KViewDownload
>
>  Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 8.jpg
> 68KViewDownload

Ushadi micromini

May 8, 2011, 8:46:37 PM5/8/11
to Neil Soares, efloraofindia
Dear Neil ji: very nice... esp since white flowers are difficult to
photograph.

my question to you, where can I read Dr. Almeida 's classification....
sorry I asked , but I just do not know...so would appreciate your
help...
thanks.
Usha di

========

Neil Soares

May 9, 2011, 3:32:08 AM5/9/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Hi,
 Thank you for your comments.The classification is from one of the 5 volumes of Dr. Almeida's "Flora of Maharashtra", printed by Orient Press, Bombay. They are available at the Botany Department of St.Xavier's College, Bombay.
                    With regards,
                      Neil Soares.

H S

May 16, 2011, 8:00:34 AM5/16/11
to Neil Soares, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Lagerstroemia microcarpa is correct name..

--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

J.M. Garg

Aug 23, 2011, 1:26:09 AM8/23/11
to efloraofindia, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, nitesh...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, shubhada...@yahoo.co.in, rautn...@gmail.com, hems...@gmail.com, abhi_...@hotmail.com, Harshad Manilal, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Lagerstroemia microcarpa is correct name.
--

 - H.S.”

From me: There are three different unresolved names of as below as per the Plant list (http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl/search?q=Lagerstroemia+lanceolata+):

Which one is the posted one ?
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1680 members & 75,000 messages on 31/7/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 5000 species)

Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 1.jpg
Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 2.jpg
Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 3.jpg
Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 4.jpg
Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 5.jpg
Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 6.jpg
Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 7.jpg
Lagerstroemia lanceolata, Seena, Bhondara 8.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 15, 2011, 12:00:04 AM11/15/11
to efloraofindia, dinesh...@gmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, drsmp...@gmail.com, anala...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, tcha...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, raani...@gmail.com, Plumbago...@gmail.com, hems...@gmail.com, devar...@gmail.com, sheeta...@gmail.com, Pravin Kawale, Smilax004, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman
Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter please.
Some earlier relevant feedback:
“Lagerstroemia microcarpa is correct name.
--
 - H.S.”

From me: There are three different unresolved names of as below as per the Plant list (http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl/search?q=Lagerstroemia+lanceolata+):
NameStatusConfi­dence levelSource
Lagerstroemia lanceolata Wight & Arn.UnresolvedWCSP (in review)
Lagerstroemia lanceolata Wall.UnresolvedWCSP (in review)
Lagerstroemia lanceolata Wall. ex C.B.ClarkeUnresolvedWCSP (in review)

Which one is the posted one ?

J.M. Garg

Apr 23, 2019, 7:06:46 AM4/23/19
to efloraofindia, Neil Soares
After going through all the posts in efi site, I feel it is closer to images, details and keys at Lagerstroemia parviflora