Best Photograph of the month and best display of photographs

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 3, 2011, 4:53:17 AM9/3/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Members

While observing the identified photographs and those uploaded for identification, please keep a watch on quality of photographs and at the end of the month send your nominations on two counts:

1. Best photograph of the month out of all photographs uploaded by the members during the month. Use you judgement to assess photos. This photograph if possible would be displayed on the website throughout next month (starting from 6 October), till next is decided (say 5th of November).
2. Best set of photographs posted in one mail which brings out most identifying features of that species. This should help in members devoting more time to capture different aspects of a plant (habit, leaf insertion and stipules, leaf shape, inflorescence, detailed side view of flower to show bract, pedicel, calyx and corolla, top view of the flower, and fruit features.

You may be sending your nominations to me (sing...@gmail.com) or to Dr. Ushadi Micromini ("Ushadi micrmini" <micromi...@gmail.com>) between October 1 to 3, 2011. We tabulate and announce on the basis of nominations or decided in consultation with the moderator team, and announce winner for the month (September) on perhaps 5th of October.

Let us make efforts to make it successful like other activities.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Sep 3, 2011, 10:32:40 AM9/3/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Nice Startup Sir
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

J.M. Garg

Sep 3, 2011, 11:52:30 PM9/3/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks, Singh ji for the new initiative.
Members are requested to participate whole heartedly.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1700 members & 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5500 species)