Flora of Uttarakhand- Herb4 for Id- JM

J.M. Garg

Nov 13, 2010, 11:01:06 PM11/13/10
to efloraofindia
Wild Herb captured on 13/8/10 during the trek from Ghangaria (around 11,000 ft.) to Hemkunt Sahib (around 14000 ft.).
I am unable to see any leaves.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Herb4 I2 IMG_4904.jpg
Herb4 I3 IMG_4904.jpg
Herb4 I IMG_4904.jpg
Herb4 I IMG_4905.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 18, 2010, 10:38:42 AM11/18/10
to efloraofindia, Tabish, tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Prashant awale

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Herb4 I2 IMG_4904.jpg
Herb4 I3 IMG_4904.jpg
Herb4 I IMG_4904.jpg
Herb4 I IMG_4905.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 7, 2010, 7:51:18 PM12/7/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Tabish, tanay bose, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Prashant awale
I hope Parnassia nubicola

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Mahadeswara

Dec 8, 2010, 7:39:57 AM12/8/10
to efloraofindia
Family name please.

On Dec 8, 5:51 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope Parnassia nubicola
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 7:38 AM, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Dec 8, 2010, 11:03:56 AM12/8/10
to efloraofindia
Parnassiaceae
Pankaj

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 8, 2010, 11:12:03 AM12/8/10
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Finally Celastraceae

A very interesting history. The genus was traditionally placed under Saxifragaceae and followed in most Floras. More recently it was shifted to a separate family Parnassiaceae far removed from Saxifragaceae (placed under Saxifragales) under order Celastrales in APG II as well as Thorne (2007). in latest classification APGO III (2009) it has been merged with Celastraceae.
Amongst the recent Floras Eflora of Pakistan places it under Prnassiaceae, whereas most others including that of China, Taiwan, still place it under Saxifragaceae.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 8, 2010, 11:13:57 AM12/8/10
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Sorry APG III and not APGO III

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 8, 2010, 11:22:40 AM12/8/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Thanks for the information. I wasnt aware of this.
Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

J.M. Garg

Dec 11, 2010, 8:03:02 AM12/11/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Tabish, tanay bose, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Prashant awale
Thanks, Singh ji,
I don't think it (Parnassia nubicola) matches with my plant:

Can it be Saxifraga pseudo-pallida (as per details in Concise Flowers of Himalayas by Oleg Polunin & Adam Stainton) although I could hardly find any details except a sketchy link as below:?
http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=110&taxon_id=242425330
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1465 members & 56,400 messages on 9/12/10 & with a database of around 4350 species on 15/11/10)

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 11, 2010, 11:56:48 AM12/11/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Tabish, tanay bose, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Prashant awale
Garg ji
May be you are right, there seem to be more than 5 stamens in your photographs.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 11, 2010, 2:24:02 PM12/11/10
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Tabish, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Prashant awale
This can be Parnassia palustris?
Pankaj

J.M. Garg

Dec 12, 2010, 1:23:08 AM12/12/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Tabish, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Prashant awale

J.M. Garg

Dec 30, 2010, 7:56:46 AM12/30/10
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Tabish, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Prashant awale

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I hope Parnassia nubicola

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

http://www.efloras.org/object_page.aspx?object_id=12419&flora_id=2
http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=241000444

http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=110&taxon_id=242425330” from me.

May be you are right, there seem to be more than 5 stamens in your photographs.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

Sep 7, 2012, 1:42:54 AM9/7/12
to efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, mithuc...@gmail.com, shreya....@gmail.com, abesh...@gmail.com, balka...@gmail.com, nidhans...@gmail.com, res...@gmail.com, mand...@gmail.com, parm...@sancharnet.in, alokis...@gmail.com, tanay...@gmail.com, kisha...@rediffmail.com, aniltha...@gmail.com, tigeru...@gmail.com, Prashant awale, Dinesh Valke, Rajesh Sachdev, mani nair, Dalia Set, Smita Raskar
Forwarding again for Id confirmation as Saxifraga pseudo-pallida in view of Prashant ji's post:

Saxifraga pseudopallida is now treated as synonym of S. melanocentra
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Herb4 I2 IMG_4904.jpg