Fruit and Vegetable Week- Nymphaea from panipat for id

Balkar Arya

Jan 3, 2011, 7:44:22 PM1/3/11

tn_Nymphaea2.JPG

Mahadeswara

Jan 4, 2011, 7:31:39 AM1/4/11
to efloraofindia
Nice pictures

On Jan 4, 5:44 am, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> dear All
> *Nymphaea spp from Panipat for id pls*
> ***Its fruits called as Bamber eaten raw
> *
> --
> Regards
>
> Dr Balkar Singh
> Head, Deptt. of Botany and Biotechnology
> Arya P G College, Panipat
> Haryana-132103
> 09416262964
>
>  tn_Nymphaea9.JPG
> 36KViewDownload
>
>  tn_Nymphaea1.JPG
> 36KViewDownload
>
>  tn_Nymphaea10.JPG
> 39KViewDownload
>
>  tn_Nymphaea11.JPG
> 95KViewDownload
>
>  tn_Nymphaea12.JPG
> 62KViewDownload
>
>  tn_Nymphaea13.JPG
> 44KViewDownload
>
>  tn_Nymphaea14.JPG
> 36KViewDownload
>
>  tn_Nymphaea15.JPG
> 59KViewDownload
>
>  tn_Nymphaea2.JPG
> 45KViewDownload
>
>  tn_Nymphaea3.JPG
> 39KViewDownload
>
>  tn_Nymphaea4.JPG
> 45KViewDownload
>
>  tn_Nymphaea5.JPG
> 43KViewDownload
>
>  tn_Nymphaea6.JPG
> 47KViewDownload
>
>  tn_Nymphaea7.JPG
> 34KViewDownload
>
>  tn_Nymphaea8.JPG
> 47KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 8, 2011, 6:24:15 AM1/8/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Which species Balkar ji?

Could it be N. tetragona

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 24, 2011, 5:46:34 AM1/24/11
to efloraofindia, Balkar Arya, Mahadeswara, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Me.......................................................Which species Balkar ji?  Could it be N. tetragona

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

tn_Nymphaea9.JPG
tn_Nymphaea3.JPG
tn_Nymphaea4.JPG
tn_Nymphaea5.JPG
tn_Nymphaea6.JPG
tn_Nymphaea7.JPG
tn_Nymphaea8.JPG
tn_Nymphaea1.JPG
tn_Nymphaea10.JPG
tn_Nymphaea11.JPG
tn_Nymphaea12.JPG
tn_Nymphaea13.JPG
tn_Nymphaea14.JPG
tn_Nymphaea15.JPG
tn_Nymphaea2.JPG

M Swamy

Jan 24, 2011, 7:29:58 AM1/24/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Balkar Arya, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman
For me it looks like N.alba. But,  I donot know the latest citation or change in name.

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 17, 2011, 11:47:07 PM2/17/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Tabish, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Nidhan Singh
Gurcharan Ji
till today i am trying to know exact spp

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Feb 18, 2011, 2:13:51 AM2/18/11
to Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Tabish, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Nidhan Singh
Nymphaea nouchali Burmese f. var. versicolour (=varying or changeable in colour. Flower colour pure white or with a pink shade. A widely distributed common variety.
ak
--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 19, 2011, 3:47:37 PM2/19/11
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Tabish, Nidhan Singh
This is a nice profile of the plant Balkar sir.
thanks a lot for sharing.
I shared N. nouchali few days back to me it looks same just the color
variation as mentioned by Bhatt sir.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Balkar Arya

Feb 19, 2011, 7:52:46 PM2/19/11
to Pankaj Kumar, Anand Kumar Bhatt, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Tabish, Nidhan Singh
Thanks Pankaj Ji and Bhatt Ji

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 19, 2011, 8:57:58 PM2/19/11
to Balkar Arya, Pankaj Kumar, Anand Kumar Bhatt, efloraofindia, Tabish, Nidhan Singh
I think yes
The anther appendages can be clearly seen

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Singh

Oct 9, 2011, 2:33:26 PM10/9/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Pankaj Kumar, Anand Kumar Bhatt, efloraofindia, Tabish, Nidhan Singh
Dear All
Dont know why But I am not satisfied with id Nymphaea nouchali.
Since my Childhood we are playing with these plants and i clearly remember that there are atleast two distinct sp and may be three. we have some deep rice fields in about 20 acres in our village. Where we are watching these plants. Within a day or two i will try to visit again there to catch all 2/3 sp.
here i am attaching pics of one more sp/variety/biotype this was recently shot from village Pujam Karnal Haryana. This however can be N nauchali
for earliear sp i guess N candida. This time i skipped to catch disk. But not looks so tetragonus.

If any can have pics of N nauchali particularly pics of disk, LS and fruit. That may help.
In Both floras of Haryana reported are N nauchalui, N alba and N pubescence
Thanks
Nymphaea (10).JPG
Nymphaea (27).JPG
Nymphaea (28).JPG