Palm for ID : 160511 : AK-3

Aarti S. Khale

May 16, 2011, 12:20:02 PM5/16/11
to efloraofindia
Again taken at Jijamata Udyan, Mumbai on the 4th of Feb, 2011.
Aarti
P1120815.JPG

Dr Pankaj Kumar

May 16, 2011, 3:15:03 PM5/16/11
to efloraofindia
To me, both of the palms look the same but cant confirm in the pic.
May be some species of Livistonia!! or Washingtonia!!
Pankaj

H S

May 16, 2011, 3:25:19 PM5/16/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Washingtonia chinensis, i guess this foto is taken near dear cage behind mahua tree, in Rani baug..

 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

shrikant ingalhalikar

May 16, 2011, 10:41:06 PM5/16/11
to efloraofindia
Washingtonia chinensis? May be H.S. ji means to say Livistona
chinensis. The leaves here are costa-palmate and the segment tips are
not drooping, so L. chinensis is ruled out. This is (wish of a
unscientific man) a young Corypha umbraculifera, the Talipot. Regards,
Shrikant

Aarti S. Khale

May 16, 2011, 11:57:30 PM5/16/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, sahani...@gmail.com, hems...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Pankaj ji, H S ji and Shrikant ji,
Thanks for the id.
Regards,
Aarti

On May 17, 6:41 am, shrikant ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com>
wrote:

> > stone- Hide quoted text -

J.M. Garg

Aug 23, 2011, 6:34:54 AM8/23/11
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, nitesh...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, shubhada...@yahoo.co.in, rautn...@gmail.com, hems...@gmail.com, abhi_...@hotmail.com, drhmp...@gmail.com, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Washingtonia chinensis, i guess this foto is taken near dear cage behind mahua tree, in Rani baug..
 - H.S.”

“Washingtonia chinensis? May be H.S. ji means to say Livistona

chinensis. The leaves here are costa-palmate and the segment tips are
not drooping, so L. chinensis is ruled out. This is (wish of a
unscientific man) a young Corypha umbraculifera, the Talipot. Regards,

Shrikant”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1680 members & 75,000 messages on 31/7/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 5000 species)

P1120815.JPG

H S

Aug 23, 2011, 6:55:08 AM8/23/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, nitesh...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, shubhada...@yahoo.co.in, rautn...@gmail.com, abhi_...@hotmail.com, drhmp...@gmail.com, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Foto here is Corypha umbraculifera L. " Talipot palm"

i think this photo is taken near Bal Shivaji statue..

regards,