Malvaceae Week - Abutilon persicum - 070911- RK1

ranjini kamath

Sep 7, 2011, 8:31:52 AM9/7/11
to indiatreepix
Pics taken in Gende Hosalli,near Srirangapatna,Karnataka on 11.11.09 at 5pm.
Regards
Ranjini Kamath
IMG_6220-ph.jpg
IMG_6222-ph.jpg
IMG_6223-ph-x.jpg

Balkar Arya

Sep 7, 2011, 10:37:25 AM9/7/11
to ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
Nice Catch Ranjini Ji. thanks for sharing
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Vijayasankar

Sep 7, 2011, 10:42:16 AM9/7/11
to Balkar Arya, ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
Nice pictures. I think this is Abutilon hirtum. The picture in wiki needs a recheck.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Neil Soares

Sep 7, 2011, 1:28:17 PM9/7/11
to Balkar Arya, Vijayasankar, ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
Hi,
 Agree with Dr.Vijayasankar. This is not Persian Mallow. Sending my photographs of Abutilon persicum for comparison.
                    With regards,
                      Neil Soares.

--- On Wed, 9/7/11, Vijayasankar <vijay.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
Abutilon persicum,Persian Mallow 1.jpg
Abutilon persicum,Persian Mallow 2.jpg
Abutilon persicum,Persian Mallow 3.jpg
Abutilon persicum,Persian Mallow 4.jpg

Vijayasankar

Sep 7, 2011, 1:40:51 PM9/7/11
to Neil Soares, Balkar Arya, ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
Thanks Dr. Neil for the pictures, now the subject line is meaningful :)

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

ranjini kamath

Sep 8, 2011, 12:40:25 AM9/8/11
to Vijayasankar, Neil Soares, Balkar Arya, indiatreepix
Thank you very much Vijayasankar ji for the corrected ID & Dr. Neil for the pictures of A. persicum.
Regards

H S

Sep 8, 2011, 9:22:18 AM9/8/11
to ranjini kamath, Vijayasankar, Neil Soares, Balkar Arya, indiatreepix
yes Abutilon hirtum, its similar to A. asiaticum except red spot in middle.

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone