Rubiaceae for ID 10082010

Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Aug 9, 2010, 9:17:37 PM8/9/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Pls ID this shrub commonly seen at Gokak in July on a rocky hill in association with Euphorbia shrubs. Its a low spreading densely branched armed shrub. Leaves are opposite, elliptic and about 3 cm long. Except the leaves and habit other characters match Catunaregam.

Shrikant Ingalhalikar
12 Varshanand Society
Anandnagar Sinhagad Road
Pune 411 051. www.idsahyadri.com
Tel 91 20 2435 0765.
Fax 91 20 2438 9190.
Rubiaceae.JPG

ajinkya gadave

Aug 10, 2010, 12:20:54 AM8/10/10
to Shrikant Ingalhalikar, indian...@googlegroups.com
i think this is
Catunaregum spinosa
गेळफळ , रान पेरू

tanay bose

Aug 10, 2010, 9:36:04 AM8/10/10
to ajinkya gadave, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Catunaregam spinosa
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

shrikant ingalhalikar

Aug 10, 2010, 10:35:11 AM8/10/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Ajinkya and Tanay,

Yes, it looks like the plant I mentioned but there are more
differences than similarities. I have not seen Catunargam spinosa with
small elliptic leaves and plant densely matted on ground. Height of
the plant would be just 60 cm. Has any of the members seen such a
Catunaregam plant? Regards, Shrikant
> > <http://sigads.rediff.com/RealMedia/ads/click_nx.ads/www.rediffmail.co...>- Hide quoted text -

Prashant awale

Aug 10, 2010, 11:01:21 AM8/10/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Dear Shrikant ji,
I had never seen Catunaregam spinosa with 6 petals. 5 petals are most commonly seen..
regards
Prashant

J.M. Garg

Sep 19, 2010, 4:04:15 AM9/19/10
to efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, ajinkya gadave, Prashant awale, tanay bose, satish pardeshi, Swapna Prabhu, rashida atthar, Dinesh Valke

Earlier relevant feedback:

“i think this is
Catunaregum spinosa
गेळफळ , रान पेरू ”

“Catunaregam spinosa
tanay”

“Dear Ajinkya and Tanay,

Yes, it looks like the plant I mentioned but there are more
differences than similarities.
I have not seen Catunargam spinosa with
small elliptic leaves and plant densely matted on ground. Height of
the plant would be just 60 cm. Has any of the members seen such a
Catunaregam plant? Regards, Shrikant”
"I had never seen Catunaregam spinosa with 6 petals. 5 petals are most commonly seen..
regards
Prashant"

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Rubiaceae.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 20, 2010, 4:37:31 AM9/20/10
to efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, ajinkya gadave, Prashant awale, tanay bose, satish pardeshi, Swapna Prabhu, rashida atthar, Dinesh Valke
A reply:
"this particular plant show much pubescence than C.spinosa, even the leaves are different. i had seen many other members of Rubiaceae having 5-6 petals. need to do further observation of the plant. can you provide some more pics.

Regards
Satish Pardeshi"

J.M. Garg

Nov 1, 2010, 9:47:39 PM11/1/10
to efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, TANAY BOSE, ajinkya gadave, Prashant awale
[...]

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/