polygonum from Kashmir for ID

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 20, 2010, 11:07:19 PM10/20/10
to efloraofindia
Polygonum species from Kashmir for ID. Growing on roadsides, Srinagar, Kashmir. Photographed in June 2010.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Polygonum-b-Kashmir-3.jpg
Polygonum-b-Kashmir-1.jpg
Polygonum-b-Kashmir-2.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 11, 2010, 2:17:44 AM11/11/10
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Tabish, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Subir Bandyopadhyay, navendu page

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1420 members & 52,000 messages on 26/10/10 & with a database of around 4200 species on 30/9/10)

Polygonum-b-Kashmir-3.jpg
Polygonum-b-Kashmir-1.jpg
Polygonum-b-Kashmir-2.jpg

Ritesh Choudhary

Nov 11, 2010, 2:23:40 AM11/11/10
to efloraofindia
Polygonum aviculare I suppose.

Regards,
Ritesh.

On Nov 11, 4:17 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id assistance please.

J.M. Garg

Dec 6, 2010, 7:23:05 AM12/6/10
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Tabish, tanay bose, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Polygonum aviculare I suppose.

Regards,
Ritesh.”

Dec 9, 2010, 7:49:56 PM12/9/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Tabish, tanay bose, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Dear All,
 I guess this can be Polygonum pleibium
Thanks and regards,
Dr.NIdhan Singh,
I.B. PG College
Panipat-Haryana

Ritesh Choudhary

Dec 10, 2010, 12:19:42 AM12/10/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Nidhan Singh Ji,

Thanks for your views.

Actually P. aviculare L. and P. plebeium R. Brown are very closely
allied but distinct species. Primarily they can be distinguished on
the basis of tepal character which is 1 veined in later and
dendricularly branched in former. Unfortunately, we cannot examine
this character here.

Leaves of P. plebeium are comparatively smaller and usually with more
number of axillary flowers. Ochrea is more lacerate. The outer tepal
is also more angular.

I've collected both species from the field and they are also different
in their appearance and texture.

Therefore, I still feel this to be as Polygonum aviculare L.

Waiting to hear from you.

Best regards,
Ritesh.

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 14, 2021, 8:17:26 AM2/14/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for ID confirmation
Distributed as  Polygonum aviculare ?
 This additional image showing larger lower leaves and smaller upper ones, plus smaller flowers should confirm P. aviculare as suggested by Ritesh ji
Group discussion at
Polygonum-b-Balgarden-22-6-DSC09933.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 14, 2021, 8:51:02 AM2/14/21