Kalatope id 240611a

Alok Mahendroo

Jun 24, 2011, 1:41:02 PM6/24/11
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,
I have been observing this flower for ages and at first I thought that
it was yet to bloom... but it seems that I am never there to view all
the petals on the flower... or is it the way it is...

Location Kalatope, Chamba
Altitude 2100 mts
Habit Herb
Habitat wild
Height 12-14 inches

regards
Alok
--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,

DSCN1766.jpg
DSCN1767.jpg
DSCN1770.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 24, 2011, 1:58:36 PM6/24/11
to Alok Mahendroo, efloraofindia
Bidens wallichii now known as B. bipinnata

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College

Alok Mahendroo

Jun 24, 2011, 2:07:39 PM6/24/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
WOW sir, did not expect you to be still going at it this late... :)
Thank you indeed..
regards
Alok

H S

Jun 25, 2011, 1:13:52 AM6/25/11
to Alok Mahendroo, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Yes,
It is Bidens bipinnata from family Asteraceae, an annual plant

regards,

--
- H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of
stone

Alok Mahendroo

Jun 25, 2011, 11:16:21 AM6/25/11
to H S, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia