efloraofindia:''For Id 26092011MR1’’ ?Butterfly Ginger lily Pune

Madhuri Raut

Sep 26, 2011, 2:34:06 AM9/26/11
to efloraofindia

Request for validation

Is this

Scientific Name: Hedychium coronarium

Common Names: White Ginger, White Garland-lily, Butterfly Ginger

Zingiberaceae – Ginger family

is the marathi name Sontakka?

Regards

Bhagyashri

260920111974.jpg
260920111970.jpg
260920111971.jpg
260920111972.jpg
260920111973.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 26, 2011, 2:45:51 AM9/26/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Really nice photographs, Madhuri ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Madhuri Raut

Sep 26, 2011, 2:50:26 AM9/26/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you Gurcharanji appreciation from you is worth a thousand praises

Best Regards
Bhagyashri

prasad dash

Sep 26, 2011, 2:56:00 AM9/26/11
to Madhuri Raut, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Yes Mam. this is Hedychium coronarium, one of the threatened medicinal plant in Orissa as per FRLHT, Bangalore. Thanks for sharing. Nice close up of the flower.

Regards

Prasad
--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

Balkar Arya

Sep 26, 2011, 4:35:38 AM9/26/11
to prasad dash, Madhuri Raut, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Gorgeous!!!
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Ushadi micromini

Sep 26, 2011, 5:25:19 AM9/26/11
to efloraofindia
Called dolon champa in bengal quite common in end of monsoon here on
the east gangatic plains.. so it must be in the western ghats area
with very heavery rains and monson season almost like our own here..

nice pics... white is difficult to capture...
Usha di

----------

On Sep 26, 1:35 pm, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Gorgeous!!!
>
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 12:26 PM, prasad dash <prasad.dash2...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Yes Mam. this is *Hedychium coronarium, *one of the threatened medicinal
> > plant in Orissa as per FRLHT, Bangalore. Thanks for sharing. Nice close up
> > of the flower.
>
> > Regards
>
> > Prasad
>
> > On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Thank you Gurcharanji appreciation from you is worth a thousand praises
>
> >> Best Regards
> >> Bhagyashri

> > --
> > Prasad Kumar Dash
> > Ecologist, Orissa, India
> > email: prasad.dash2...@gmail.com

hari lal

Sep 26, 2011, 8:09:34 AM9/26/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
very nice really
--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

Madhuri Raut

Sep 26, 2011, 9:37:39 AM9/26/11
to hari lal, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Thank you all . I forgot to add the flowers have very nice fragrance
Regards
Bhagyashri

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 26, 2011, 11:53:30 AM9/26/11
to Madhuri Raut, hari lal, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Yes it has nice fragrance and the flower is active in the night as well.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD