25/02/11/YRP/1

Yazdy Palia

Feb 25, 2011, 2:36:53 AM2/25/11
to indiantreepix
Identity of this parasite on Indian Rose wood tree please?
Date & Time 24/02/11
Location: Place, Altitude, GPS Chethalayam, Wayanad.
Habitat: Garden, Urban, Wild Type: Wild
Plant Habit: Tree, Shrub, Climber, Herb Parasite
Height, Length.
Leaves Type, Shape, Size
Inflorescence Type Size
Flowers Size Colour Calyx Bracts-
Fruits Type, Shape, Size Seeds
Other Information like Frangrance, Pollinator, Uses.
Regards
Yazdy.
You have been sent 2 pictures.

IMG_3947.JPG
IMG_3948.JPG

IMG_3947.JPG
IMG_3948.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 13, 2011, 1:05:18 AM6/13/11
to efloraofindia, santhos...@gmail.com, manudevk...@gmail.com, royt...@gmail.com, vasude...@gmail.com, yazdy...@gmail.com, prajees...@gmail.com, anees...@gmail.com

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

IMG_3947.JPG
IMG_3948.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 13, 2011, 4:55:46 AM6/13/11
to efloraofindia, santhos...@gmail.com, manudevk...@gmail.com, royt...@gmail.com, vasude...@gmail.com, yazdy...@gmail.com, prajees...@gmail.com, anees...@gmail.com
A reply:
"Most probably Dendrophthoe falcata var pubescens. Very poor picture!!!!!!

Santhosh"

Yazdy Palia

Jun 13, 2011, 5:03:41 AM6/13/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, santhos...@gmail.com, manudevk...@gmail.com, royt...@gmail.com, vasude...@gmail.com, prajees...@gmail.com, anees...@gmail.com
Shall try to get a better picture. Problem is the trees are very tall
as expressed in another mail.
Regards.
Yazdy.

Smilax004

Jun 13, 2011, 5:34:27 AM6/13/11
to efloraofindia
Please upload a picture with little more resolution. I mean when you
crop the picture or re size don't make the file size too small. larger
files enables us to zoom in and have a closer look at it.

Thanks and Regards
Giby

On Jun 13, 2:03 pm, Yazdy Palia <yazdypa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Shall try to get a better picture. Problem is the trees are very tall
> as expressed in another  mail.
> Regards.
> Yazdy.
>

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 2:25 PM, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > A reply:
> > "Most probably Dendrophthoe falcata var pubescens. Very poor picture!!!!!!
> > Santhosh"
>
> >> J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)
> >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> >> 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> >> The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a thousand species &
> >> eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
> >> alphabetically & place-wise):
> >>http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
> >> for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
> >> For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora,
> >> please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group:
> >>http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than 1600 members &
> >> 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website:
> >>https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of
> >> around 5000 species)
>
> > --
> > With regards,
> > J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> > 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> > The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a thousand species &
> > eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
> > alphabetically & place-wise):
> >http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
> > for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
> > For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora,
> > please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group:
> >http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than 1600 members &

Yazdy Palia

Jun 13, 2011, 6:40:42 AM6/13/11
to Smilax004, efloraofindia
Dear Mr. Giby,
Here is a better picture.
Regards.
Yazdy Palia.
IMG_3948-1.JPG

Giby Kuriakose

Jun 13, 2011, 6:56:45 AM6/13/11
to Yazdy Palia, efloraofindia
Thank you for the high resolution picture.
I too think this could be Dendrophthoe falcata (Loranthaceae family), a widely distributed mistletoe.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD