Abelmoschus moschatus from near Dakpathar

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 27, 2011, 9:40:50 PM9/27/11
to efloraofindia
Abelmoschus moschatus growing along roadsides and mountain foothills near Dakpathar on way to Chakrata.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Abelmoschus-moschatus-Near Dakpathar towards Kalsi-1.jpg
Abelmoschus-moschatus-Near Dakpathar towards Kalsi-2.jpg
Abelmoschus-moschatus-Near Dakpathar towards Kalsi-3.jpg

Balkar Arya

Sep 27, 2011, 9:46:58 PM9/27/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Yes Sir
Thanks for Sharing
I was labelling this specimen after confirming from Flora of Mussoorie and you hit the target
Here are mines
I think you are now going to shower Chakrata plants Starting from 16-9-11
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Abelmoschus moschatus (1).JPG
Abelmoschus moschatus (10).JPG
Abelmoschus moschatus (11).JPG
Abelmoschus moschatus (2).JPG
Abelmoschus moschatus (3).JPG
Abelmoschus moschatus (4).JPG
Abelmoschus moschatus (5).JPG
Abelmoschus moschatus (6).JPG
Abelmoschus moschatus (7).JPG
Abelmoschus moschatus (8).JPG
Abelmoschus moschatus (9).JPG

J.M. Garg

Nov 25, 2017, 10:43:44 AM11/25/17
to efloraofindia, Bimal Sar kar, Nidhan Singh, GurcharanSingh
Feedback from another thread from Surajit ji:
"This is also Abelmoschus manihot subsp. tetraphyllus var. pungens Roxb., I think."
"If I do not make mistake the set in this thread is same as in another earlier thread https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indiantreepix/x1gg-RzeT2Y/z7-on6nc2hkJ.
The thread above was identified and validated. But where are the "linear to narrowly oblong" epicalyx lobes (described and illustrated in FoC)?
Instead, this species bear some similarities with A. angulosus uploaded by Dinesh Ji and Anurag Ji. But the species perhaps not distributed in your region.
I still have confusion to the id I myself suggested for this species in the thread."

Also looks different from other images at Abelmoschus moschatus Medik.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Abelmoschus moschatus (1).JPG