Malvaceae week :: Hibiscus rosa-chinensis (RD_06)

raju das

Sep 6, 2011, 3:49:44 PM9/6/11
to indiantreepix

Dear all,

Adding few varities of

Hibiscus rosa-chinensis

from Assam
--
Raju Das
Nature's Foster

DSC_2155.jpg
DSC_4143.jpg
DSC_9387.jpg
DSC_9388.jpg

Madhuri Pejaver

Sep 6, 2011, 3:56:08 PM9/6/11
to indiantreepix, raju das
What is that white patch on the first immage?
some abnormality?
Madhuri

Tanay Bose

Sep 6, 2011, 5:08:44 PM9/6/11
to Madhuri Pejaver, indiantreepix, raju das
I think a moth or a butterfly!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

raju

Sep 7, 2011, 2:15:32 AM9/7/11
to efloraofindia
Tanayji,
It is orange tip butterfly

Raju

On Sep 7, 2:08 am, Tanay Bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think a moth or a butterfly!
> Tanay
>
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 12:56 PM, Madhuri Pejaver <formpeja...@yahoo.com>wrote:
>

> > What is that white patch on the first immage?
> > some abnormality?
> > Madhuri

Tanay Bose

Sep 7, 2011, 9:32:13 AM9/7/11
to raju, efloraofindia
Thanks Raju ji I have no knowledge in bugs !!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.
University of British Columbia .
3529-6270 University Blvd.
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
           604-822-2019 (Lab)
           604-822-6089  (Fax)

ushadi Micromini

Sep 11, 2011, 3:19:32 PM9/11/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Raju das ji :
It does not bother me , but I was taken to task for it... though they may have a point too.. current lists on the net do not show chinensis as an alternate to sinensis...

that's why I asked your opinion... no need to apologize... feel free to label as per your books or teachings... I have no problem with that...  i keep an open mind ... who knows the science tren may trend back to some old forgotten name.. happens...

cheers,
Usha  di

Sep 12, 2011, 4:53:08 AM9/12/11
to Madhuri Pejaver, indiantreepix, raju das
Yes it is an Orange Tip Butterfly.

Regards,
Giby

--