Palm for ID : 120611 : AK-3

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 12, 2011, 2:15:58 AM6/12/11
to efloraofindia
Taken at Nasik,Maharashtra on the 23rd of Feb, 2011.

A cultivated palm in the gardens of Sula Vineyard.
Aarti

DSCN1306.JPG

H S

Jun 12, 2011, 4:33:04 AM6/12/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
I guess some Latania sp.

regards,

--
- H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of
stone

ajinkya gadave

Jun 12, 2011, 10:41:44 AM6/12/11
to H S, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia

yes this is
Latania lontaroides

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 13, 2011, 1:56:58 AM6/13/11
to ajinkya gadave, H S, efloraofindia
H S ji and Ajinkya ji,
Thanks for the id.
Regards,
Aarti

On 6/12/11, ajinkya gadave <ajinky...@gmail.com> wrote:
> yes this is
> *Latania lontaroides*

shrikant ingalhalikar

Jun 13, 2011, 8:49:28 AM6/13/11
to efloraofindia
The petioles though coloured are woolly white and the nerves on the
leaves are not red. The red tinge on leaves is also missing. I feel
this is young L. loddigesii rather than L. lontaroides. Regards,
Shrikant

On Jun 13, 10:56 am, "Aarti S. Khale" <aarti.kh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> H S ji and Ajinkya ji,
> Thanks for the id.
> Regards,
> Aarti
>
> On 6/12/11, ajinkya gadave <ajinkyagad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > yes this is
> > *Latania lontaroides*
> > On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 2:03 PM, H S <hemsan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> I guess some Latania sp.
>
> >> regards,

> >> --
> >>  - H.S.
>
> >> A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of
> >> stone- Hide quoted text -

J.M. Garg

Sep 10, 2011, 4:15:37 AM9/10/11
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, H S, ajinkya gadave, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I guess some Latania sp.

regards,
--
 - H.S.”

“yes this is
Latania lontaroides” from Ajinkya ji.

“The petioles though coloured are woolly white and the nerves on the leaves are not red. The red tinge on leaves is also missing. I feel this is young L. loddigesii rather than L. lontaroides. Regards, Shrikant”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1700 members & 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5500 species)

DSCN1306.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 2, 2014, 5:46:57 AM9/2/14
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
Taken at Nasik,Maharashtra on the 23rd of Feb, 2011.

A cultivated palm in the gardens of Sula Vineyard.
Aarti

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2380 members & 1,96,000 messages on 31/7/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

DSCN1306.JPG