identification no 150711sn1

Satish Nikam

Jul 15, 2011, 1:54:10 AM7/15/11
to Indiantrees Pics
Dear All,
             Kindly confirm if this is Chlorophytum bharuchii.Pic taken at Mulshi,Pune in June11
thanks
regards
satish nikam
IMG_5667-r.jpg
IMG_5668-r.jpg

promila chaturvedi

Jul 15, 2011, 4:01:47 AM7/15/11
to Satish Nikam, Indiantrees Pics
Yes, it is Safed Musli. It is growing on the roots of Royal Palm in my house.
Promila

shrikant ingalhalikar

Jul 15, 2011, 5:08:41 AM7/15/11
to efloraofindia
If you could give sizes (whole plant, leaves, inflorescence and
flowers) it would avoid confusion since the picture does not indicate
the required information for an ID. The staminal cup differentiates it
from Chlorophytum. C. bharchae is a plant of dry rocky hils. This
flower is about 6 cm and it is the rare Pancratium parvum. It blooms
on first shower in June. Regards, Shrikant