efloraofindia:''For Id 30092011MR18’’ Tamarind tree with fruit Pune

Madhuri Raut

Sep 30, 2011, 7:06:55 AM9/30/11
to efloraofindia
Sharing pictures of Tamarind tree with fruit

Sep 2011
Pune

Regards

tamarind 1_!.jpg
tamarind 2.jpg
tamarind 7.jpg
tamarind 5.jpg
tamarind 6.jpg
tamarind 8.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 30, 2011, 7:11:39 AM9/30/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Quite tempting fruits: sweet or sour?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Sep 30, 2011, 9:27:37 AM9/30/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
I have a story about this tree.
During our Stay in Officers Training Academy in Kamptee (Nagpur). Many of our lectures were used to held under this tree. This tree is in abundant in OTA. We tried our best to see its flowers to have their snaps but could not see even single. After completion of our training on 21st feb 2009, we collected its fruits to take away with us to Home with the hope that in next refresher course we will be able to see its flowers.
Thanks Bhagyashri ji Your post reminded me those 3 months of vigorous training again!!!
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Madhuri Raut

Sep 30, 2011, 9:36:51 AM9/30/11
to Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you Gurcharanji and Balkarji.
@ Balkarji Interesting story  I will post pics of its flowers when it flowers next. They are pretty flowers. As a child we used to suck sweet juice from it. Some people cook them as a vegetable

I have heard that Tamarind tree gives out a lot of a Co2 and it is not good to have this tree around your house. Is it a myth. Also Audumbar tree gives out a lot of oxygen and it is good to plant it around your house

Regards
Bhagyashri

Madhuri Raut

Oct 1, 2011, 3:13:53 AM10/1/11
to Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
@Gurcharanji the fruits are sour
Regards
Bhagyashri