Dipteracanthus or Ruellia from Lohari Panipat for id -26042011-BSA-1

Balkar Arya

Apr 25, 2011, 10:04:29 PM4/25/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
the present sp is medicinally important. this resembles with Dipteracanthus prostratus (Poir.) Nees.
this is a large spreading shrub in a roadside area flowers pale violet solitary axillary corolla caducous
In http://www.theplantlist.org this name is in unresolved list. This may also be

Ruellia makoyana Closon

pls help to resolve this id
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Dipteracanthus1.JPG
Dipteracanthus11.JPG
Dipteracanthus12.JPG
Dipteracanthus13.JPG
Dipteracanthus2.JPG
Dipteracanthus3.JPG
Dipteracanthus5.JPG
Dipteracanthus6.JPG
Dipteracanthus7.JPG
Dipteracanthus8.JPG
Dipteracanthus9.JPG
Dipteracanthus10.JPG

tanay bose

Apr 25, 2011, 10:13:16 PM4/25/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Hi Balkar Ji,

I believe this plant is Dipteracanthus prostratus.

Regards
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Balkar Arya

Apr 25, 2011, 10:21:17 PM4/25/11
to tanay bose, indiantreepix
Yes Tanay Thanks for confirmation, i also think so but this name is still not resolved and no much information available. if anyone make available protologue of this with herbarium specimen images. It can be clarified more then.

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 26, 2011, 9:41:24 AM4/26/11
to Balkar Arya, tanay bose, indiantreepix
I think we photographed similar plant from Morni Hills. I am uploading it separately

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 26, 2011, 9:47:52 AM4/26/11
to Balkar Arya, tanay bose, indiantreepix
In fact I have already uploaded this on 24th April as possibly Ruellia under the title

24042011GS2 perhaps Ruellia for ID from Tikkar tal Lake, Morni

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Gurcharan Singh

May 20, 2011, 8:41:01 AM5/20/11
to Balkar Arya, tanay bose, indiantreepix
Identified in my thread as Dipteracanthus prostratus

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Arya

May 20, 2011, 10:49:20 AM5/20/11
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, indiantreepix
Thanks Sir

Balkar Arya

Aug 26, 2011, 10:25:06 AM8/26/11
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, indiantreepix
More pics shot recently from village Khukhrana (Panipat) 220 mts from a roadside area, wildly grown there
Dipteracanthus prostratus (1).JPG
Dipteracanthus prostratus (10).JPG
Dipteracanthus prostratus (2).JPG
Dipteracanthus prostratus (3).JPG
Dipteracanthus prostratus (4).JPG
Dipteracanthus prostratus (5).JPG
Dipteracanthus prostratus (6).JPG
Dipteracanthus prostratus (7).JPG
Dipteracanthus prostratus (8).JPG
Dipteracanthus prostratus (9).JPG

Giby Kuriakose

Aug 26, 2011, 12:05:05 PM8/26/11
to Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, indiantreepix
Nice pictures depicting most of the characters of the species Dipteracanthus prostratus of Acanthaceae family.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Balkar Arya

Aug 26, 2011, 12:17:16 PM8/26/11
to Giby Kuriakose, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, indiantreepix
Thanks Giby Ji