Plant Shooting tour/trip to Morni Hills

1 view

Balkar Arya

Mar 23, 2011, 1:53:06 AM3/23/11
to indiantreepix
Dear Members
First of all i wish to say SORRY for remaining silent/Away from the group. This was due to 31 march Syndrome. as I have to complete many financial work and report writings etc. From Today onwards i will try to be active. To get rid from the tiredness of non floristic works carried out in this month I/We are planning to visit Morni hills. This is the only hill station in Haryana in Panchkula District only 35 Kms away from Chandigarh. Now days flowering is at boom there. Some of our friends from Pune University are also planning to visit the same. If any body from nearby area or even from distant places wish to see this little and almost undisturbed hill station may kindly contact me. The most probable time of the visit will be mid of april.
Thanks

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Pankaj Oudhia

Mar 23, 2011, 2:00:30 AM3/23/11
to efloraofindia
Balkar ji,

  Thanks for information. I will try to come. I am in process of buying new Sony DSC-HX-1. Hoping to start using my new camera from Morni Hills.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

Balkar Arya

Mar 23, 2011, 2:28:41 AM3/23/11
to Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Very good Camera Pankaj Ji
i have used this

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Mar 23, 2011, 2:38:59 AM3/23/11
to efloraofindia
I wish I could come....of course if you dont mind..
Lets see.
Pankaj

On Mar 23, 11:28 am, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Very good Camera Pankaj Ji
> i have used this
>
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Pankaj Oudhia <pankajoud...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Balkar ji,
>
> >   Thanks for information. I will try to come. I am in process of buying new
> > Sony DSC-HX-1. Hoping to start using my new camera from Morni Hills.
>
> > regards
>
> > Pankaj Oudhia

Balkar Arya

Mar 23, 2011, 6:47:00 AM3/23/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Dear Pankaj Ji
Dont worry
I have no mind to mind

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 23, 2011, 8:26:44 AM3/23/11
to Balkar Arya, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Balkar ji
count me also if every thing works out. I would prefer driving down my Honda city to Chandigarh. Can it go further to Morni hills?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Mar 23, 2011, 8:37:22 AM3/23/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
It appears to be a meeting of great minds.
I hope it goes well & everybody enjoys.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix or https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (more than 1550 members & 64,000 messages on 28/2/11 & with a database of around 4500 species on 15/12/10)

Balkar Arya

Mar 23, 2011, 8:47:00 AM3/23/11
to J.M. Garg, Gurcharan Singh, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Yes Gurcharan Ji
Up to Morni Resort there is a good Motorable Road. However this year during rainy season Morni Hill Resort of Haryana Govt was damaged a lot due to Landslide. By now all is well.
During this we may also visit Botanical Garden of Punjab University and Cactus Park in Panchkula.
This place is in foothills of Shivalik Hills and have transitionary ecosystem. Hotels etc in this area are not so good but enough comfortable for the wild/natural tourists like all us. some of our members like Col Suresh C Sharma has visited this place so many times for bird watching and Myself and dr Nidhan Singh is very much familiar with this area.
Hope for a good visit

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 23, 2011, 9:01:00 AM3/23/11
to Balkar Arya, J.M. Garg, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Yes Garg ji
We will surely enjoy.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Arya

Mar 23, 2011, 9:13:14 AM3/23/11
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thanks Garg Ji And Gurcharan Ji for best wishes

satyendra tiwari

Mar 23, 2011, 9:13:39 AM3/23/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya, J.M. Garg, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Dear All,
Due to my previous commitments here at Bandhavgarh i need to be back on 15th. If the programme finishes on 14th so I could reach Delhi by 12Noon than Please add my name for sure.
I will love to be there.
With kind regards.
Satyendra

--
Satyendra K.Tiwari.
Wildlife Photographer, Naturalist, Tour Leader

Pravir

Mar 24, 2011, 2:30:29 AM3/24/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Balkar ji

It's grate idea, I also love to join the group on the Morni Hills.
Please confirm the date of visit to the Hills. If it is possible keep
it on the week end, it will help full to all working members.

With Regards

Pravir Deshmukh

Balkar Arya

Mar 28, 2011, 5:37:49 AM3/28/11
to Pravir, efloraofindia
Dear All
The Dates for the Tour are final now
9 and 10 of April 2011 (Saturday and Sunday).
Preparing more detailed programme. If we reach Chandigarh/Panchkula by in between 11.00 AM to 12.30PM, it will be good. After visiting Cactus garden and having lunch in Panchkula/Chandigarhwe will move towards the Morni Hills. From Cactus Garden morni hills are only one hour journey. For Stay in the night of 9th, there are a few quite good hotels there and also a Haryana Tourism run Guest House in Tikkar Taal Lake. Room charges ranges from 600/- to 2000/- per day there. on 10th April we may visit some more sites in and arround Morni and returnrd Back to Chandigarh/Panchkula by 4.00 PM in evening.
This is only a tentative schedule. Any amendment/improvement/suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks

Balkar Arya

Apr 6, 2011, 12:25:21 PM4/6/11
to Pravir, efloraofindia
Dear All
Thanks a lot to all for showing interest in Morni Visit
All interested are requested to confirm their participation. As tomorrow (7th of April I am going to Morni Hills with my part two students for their plant collection on one day trip. I will try my best to locate the sites worth seeing there and may also try to locate best stay options for 9th Night there in Morni hills if members wish to stay there in the lap of Nature.

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 6, 2011, 12:39:48 PM4/6/11
to Balkar Arya, Pravir, efloraofindia
Yes Balkar ji
Count four of us: myself, wife, son and daughter-in-law. We would love to stay at Morni.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Arya

Apr 6, 2011, 12:50:58 PM4/6/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Pravir, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Sir for your Nice response