Flora picture of the Year 2010 commelina from UK VOF

Geeta Rane

Jan 29, 2011, 4:31:18 AM1/29/11
to indiantreepix
Greetings,

 this photo of mine a flora picture of  the year2010 has nothing to do with photography of flower  but it is more related to the sigihting of commelina in Uttarakhand.

When I began my nature trails with BNHS, this was the first flower which made me very curious  because of its beauty and excelleent photgraphy being tiny; there was an insertion in one of the calendar of BNHS, I don't remember the year, this is only for your information please.

then after Many a time I saw this flower  but was most delighted when I saw it at Uttarankhand In August, 2010 during trek to Valley of Flowers with my trekmates;

This one is taken during my return journey from Ghangaria to Govindghat on 24th August, 2010.

Would appreciate the ID,

Thanks,
With Regards,
geeta rane

commelina 24thaug2010VOF 494.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 17, 2011, 12:16:10 PM5/17/11
to efloraofindia, Geeta Rane, mnan...@gmail.com, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

commelina 24thaug2010VOF 494.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 21, 2011, 1:02:45 AM5/21/11
to efloraofindia, Geeta Rane, mnan...@gmail.com, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com
A reply:
"Dear all,
This could be Commelina paludosa Blume
Mayur ji, Please validate..." from Manudev ji.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 69,000 messages on 30/4/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

Mayur Nandikar

May 30, 2011, 8:05:18 AM5/30/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Geeta Rane, mnan...@gmail.com, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com
Hello to all
May be you are right Manudev ji. This is very near to Commelina paludosa but I don't why it look likes Commelina kurzii for me. Only capsule and seed morphology can provide us proper identity of this species.

Thank you

--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,

Geeta Rane

May 30, 2011, 7:36:19 AM5/30/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, mnan...@gmail.com, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com
Thanks for this feed back, I found these two pdf files, but unable to compare, sharing for your ready ref. at your own discretion please,
Courtsey: google search engine:
http://flora.huh.harvard.edu/china/PDF/PDF24/commelina.pdf  - china
www.nepjol.info/index.php/ECO/article/download/3468/3003 - nepal, apdf file page 33-34 with habit sketch
Regards,