PK 081001: Eulophia flava (Lindl.) Hook.f.

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 22, 2009, 6:38:02 AM11/22/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
This is just to share what can be done with one plant ideally by a taxonomist.

Plant: Eulophia flava (Lindl.) Hook.f. [Cyrtopera flava Lindl., Gen.
Sp. Orchid. Pl.: 189 (1833).]
Family: Orchidaceae
Flowering: June - July
Date: 03.06.2008

I really wish, if all the species of India could be illustrated in the
same way. I am trying to illustrate orchids of Jharkhand for my
upcoming book....

Hope you will like this post.
Regards
Pankaj

NOTE: Slide 2 refrence - "Kumar, P. and G. S. Rawat. 2009. Eulophia
flava (Lindl.) Hook.f.: Examining an orchid with potential for
cultivation in a temperate greenhouse or a tropical garden. The Orchid
Review, 117 (1287): 154 – 157."
Slide1.JPG
Slide2.JPG
Slide3.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 22, 2009, 6:47:37 AM11/22/09
to Pankaj Kumar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Pankaj ji
Nothing can be better than this. Congrats

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Nov 22, 2009, 6:57:04 AM11/22/09
to Gurcharan Singh, Pankaj Kumar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Pankaj ji.
Let us hope our e-floras come soon with inclusion of such wonderful illustrations!!!

2009/11/22 Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com>

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Vijayadas D

Nov 22, 2009, 7:15:53 AM11/22/09
to Pankaj Kumar, indian...@googlegroups.com
I know this plant but with white flower.

VijayadasD
Horticulturalist / Estates Supervisor Deputy
Electro Saudi Services Ltd
Salwa Garden Village
Riyadh-11462,PBNO-7210
KSA
vijayadas.wetpaint.com

Ferns are funniest plants..............!!!!!

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Nov 22, 2009, 8:28:38 AM11/22/09
to indiantreepix

Sir,
Please do share your plant pics with white flower. I would love to see
that....
Regards
Pankaj

Vijayasankar Raman

Nov 23, 2009, 4:39:42 AM11/23/09
to Dr. Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Perfect Pankaj kumar ji, keep the good work going! Best of Luck!

--
With regards

R. Vijayasankar
FRLHT, Bangalore

Aparna Watve

Nov 23, 2009, 6:35:39 AM11/23/09
to Vijayasankar Raman, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Thats lovely pankaj.
Hope to see more
aparna
> --

Dr. Aparna Watve
Dr. Aparna Watve
Asha Appt, Shanti Nagar, Ekata Colony
Nr. BSNL tower, Akbar Ward,
Seoni.480661
tel: 07692-228115
mobile: (0)9755667710 and 9822597288 still works

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Mar 22, 2011, 1:49:21 AM3/22/11
to indiantreepix
This is very much correct.