Monsoon annual

Dinesh Valke

Jan 9, 2009, 9:36:22 AM1/9/09
to Indian Tree Pix

Hello friends,

This is a monsoon annual found growing in an untended lawn in Mumbai ... photo taken on Aug 27, 2008.
ID please.

Regards.

2801967713.jpg
2801967713_closeup.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jan 29, 2009, 1:28:38 AM1/29/09
to indiantreepix
Forwadring again for Id pl.

2801967713.jpg
2801967713_closeup.jpg

Nayan Singh

Jan 29, 2009, 12:14:53 PM1/29/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
may be some Murdannia sp. but I am not very sure

Thanks

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

to indiantreepix, Mayur Nandikar, Nayan Singh, Dinesh Valke
A reply from Mayur ji:
"Murdannia nudiflora"

Forwadring again for Id pl.
This is a monsoon annual found growing in an untended lawn in Mumbai ... photo taken on Aug 27, 2008.
ID please.

Regards.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
"We often ignore the beauty around us"

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1700 members & 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5500 species)

Dinesh Valke

Sep 10, 2011, 6:50:06 AM9/10/11
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Mayur Nandikar, Nayan Singh
Many thanks to Nayan ji and Mayur ji for the ID.
Regards.
Dinesh

JM Garg

Dec 24, 2019, 5:49:27 AM12/24/19
to efloraofindia, DineshValke, MayurNandikar
It is Murdannia nudiflora- from Mayur ji
2801967713.jpg
2801967713_closeup.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Dec 24, 2019, 6:11:15 AM12/24/19
to JM Garg, efloraofindia, MayurNandikar
Thank you very much Garg ji ... my salutes to you for digging this decade old query.
Many many thanks to Mayur ji for the ID.
Will label my photos accordingly in flickr.
Regards.
Dinesh