Flora of Panipat; Ipomoea cairica from Arya P G College Panipat Haryana

Balkar Arya

Aug 17, 2011, 9:17:27 PM8/17/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Sharing pics of Ipomoea cairica shot from Arya PG College Campus
This was growing wildly in a roadside area near Sondapur village Assandh Road Panipat before coming to my college.

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Ipomoea cairica (1).JPG
Ipomoea cairica (2).JPG
Ipomoea cairica (3).JPG
Ipomoea cairica (4).JPG
Ipomoea cairica (5).JPG
Ipomoea cairica (6).JPG
Ipomoea cairica (7).JPG

Neil Soares

Aug 17, 2011, 10:38:16 PM8/17/11
to indiantreepix, Balkar Arya
Nice photographs Dr.Balkar, but it looks more like Ipomea mauritiana.
                    Regards,
                     Neil Soares.

Vijayasankar

Aug 17, 2011, 11:21:19 PM8/17/11
to Neil Soares, indiantreepix, Balkar Arya
This, I think, is Ipomoea cairica only. Here the leaves divided up to their base. Whereas, in I. mauritiana the leaves not fully but parted till below middle only.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Balkar Arya

Aug 18, 2011, 11:08:54 AM8/18/11
to Vijayasankar, Neil Soares, indiantreepix
Thanks Vijayasankar Ji for confirmation. Neil Ji i might be having pics of Ipomea mauritiana also will share soon