05/10/2011/YRP/01/ Naoroz Estate, Chethalayam, Sultan Bathery, Wayanad.

Yazdy Palia

Oct 5, 2011, 5:56:53 AM10/5/11
to indiantreepix
Dear friends,
Attaching the pictures of Guyabano fruit (I think). The fruit is
around 8' long around 4" across. It is slightly sweet and more sour.
The pulp is separate cloves, embeded inside are the seeds.
The tree is around 12' in height and the leaves are slightly like
custard apples only smoother. I shall get the picture of the tree
shortly. It is available in a farm in Wayanad.
Regards.
Yazdy.

You have been sent 4 pictures.

DSCN5465.JPG
DSCN5467.JPG
DSCN5482.JPG
DSCN5483.JPG

DSCN5465.JPG
DSCN5467.JPG
DSCN5482.JPG
DSCN5483.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 5, 2011, 6:06:09 AM10/5/11
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
I hope soursop in English, Annona muricata of family Annonaceae. Medicinally important

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
-

Bhatt Sweta

Oct 5, 2011, 6:07:57 AM10/5/11
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
According to the information available on the internet, this plant is supposedly more effective (about 1000 times) in curing cancer. There are some reviews as well to verify this.

this is one of the many links.

Wikipedia states some of the general information.

Regards,
Shweta

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Yazdy Palia <yazdy...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Bhatt Shweta
Doctoral Research Student,

Giby Kuriakose

Oct 5, 2011, 6:09:25 AM10/5/11
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh

Yes I too think that this is Annona muricata L. as Gurcharan Ji suggested.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Yazdy Palia

Oct 5, 2011, 6:53:16 AM10/5/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thank you Dr. Gurcharan Singh ji.
Let me now try to get some seeds to germinate and have some plants.
Have been looking for some plants since the time I read about the
healing properties of the fruit.
Regards
Yazdy.

Yazdy Palia

Oct 5, 2011, 6:54:11 AM10/5/11
to Bhatt Sweta, indiantreepix
Tank you Shweta Ji.
Regards
Yazdy.

Yazdy Palia

Oct 5, 2011, 6:54:45 AM10/5/11
to Giby Kuriakose, indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh
Thank you Giby.
Regards
Yazdy.

Bhatt Sweta

Oct 5, 2011, 7:05:22 AM10/5/11
to Yazdy Palia, Giby Kuriakose, indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh
Even i would be interested in sowing this plant.
Do let me know if can from somewhere procure the seeds and germinate them.

Regards,
Shweta

Yazdy Palia

Oct 5, 2011, 7:14:12 AM10/5/11
to Bhatt Sweta, Giby Kuriakose, indiantreepix, Gurcharan Singh
I got just one fruit Shweta ji, I will try to send you a handful.
Please send me your address.
Regards
Yazdy.