Apocynaceae (Dogbane family)-Tabernaemontana coronaria from Delhi

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 1, 2010, 12:07:56 PM11/1/10
to efloraofindia
Apocynaceae (Dogbane family)-Tabernaemontana coronaria from Delhi, photographed from Herbal Garden, Delhi.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Tabernaemontana-coronaria-Delhi-4.jpg
Tabernaemontana-coronaria-Delhi-1.jpg
Tabernaemontana-coronaria-Delhi-2.jpg
Tabernaemontana-coronaria-Delhi-3.jpg

Satish Phadke

Nov 1, 2010, 12:19:05 PM11/1/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Is this also Tabernaemontana coronaria?अनंत in Marathi
Dr Phadke
Anant.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Nov 1, 2010, 12:23:50 PM11/1/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji ... put my post almost at the same time.
Now seeing that Tabernaemontana coronaria is treated as a separate species ... NPGS / GRIN shows it as synonym of T. divaricata.

Regards.

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 1, 2010, 12:29:08 PM11/1/10
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dinesh ji
Yes it synonym of T. divaricata, now considered as cultivar 'Flore pleno'

Satish ji, your plant to me seems to be Gardenia jasminoides

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Dinesh Valke

Nov 1, 2010, 12:31:57 PM11/1/10
to Satish Phadke, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
... not good at garden plants and their cultivars ... am under the impression that such double flowered cultivar is called 'Flore Pleno' (of Tabernaemontana divaricata) ... may be mistaking.
As far as regional names go ... they would almost remain same, possibly with some additional adjective.

Regards.

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 1, 2010, 12:35:18 PM11/1/10
to Dinesh Valke, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
Yes I meant that only T. divaricata cv. Flore Pleno.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

tanay bose

Nov 1, 2010, 12:37:34 PM11/1/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
Satish Ji your capture is my wallpaer now
Thanks
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Satish Phadke

Nov 2, 2010, 2:47:15 AM11/2/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
It is indeed Gardenia jasminoides so it will go into Rubiaceae