Fruits & Vegetables Week: Citrus paradisii, the Grape fruit

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 10, 2011, 3:35:18 AM1/10/11
to efloraofindia
Citrus paradisii, the Grape fruit, another large fruit of the American continent, a hybrid between C. sinensis and C. maxima. Fruit is orange-yellow up to 15 cm across. The fruit is acidic and varrying in sweetness, the pulp white, pink to reddish.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Citrus-paradisii-California-1.jpg
Citrus-paradisii-California-2.jpg

nabha meghani

Jan 10, 2011, 6:38:04 AM1/10/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Oh, my favorite fruit. We two eat one fruit every morning. It is sour to sweet and a bit bitter too. But with plenty of sugar it tastes very well.
Regards
Nalini

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Jan 10, 2011, 8:22:20 AM1/10/11
to nabha meghani, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
It is strange that the fruit is not considered good enough  in our country (CHAKOTRA).
ak
--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 10, 2011, 9:01:20 AM1/10/11
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, nabha meghani, efloraofindia
Anand ji
Chakotra is C. maxima, the pumelo or shaddok
Grapefruit has no equivalent Indian name