19/11/10/YRP/1

1 view

Yazdy Palia

Nov 19, 2010, 3:30:02 AM11/19/10
to indiantreepix
Friends, unseasonal coffee blossom, (Robusta Coffee), also seen both
green coffee as well as ripe coffee.
Date & Time 19/11/10
Location: Place, Altitude, GPS Chethalayam, Wayanad.
Habitat: Garden, Urban, Wild Type: Garden

Height, Length.
Leaves Type, Shape, Size
Inflorescence Type Size
Flowers Size Colour Calyx Bracts-
Fruits Type, Shape, Size Seeds
Other Information like Frangrance, Pollinator, Uses. Bees.
Regards
Yazdy.

You have been sent 3 pictures.

DSCN4231.JPG
DSCN4233.JPG
DSCN4236.JPG

DSCN4231.JPG
DSCN4233.JPG
DSCN4236.JPG

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 5, 2010, 2:24:14 PM12/5/10
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Beautiful pic ssir,
Thanks for sharing.
We have one wild Coffee in our campus.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Yazdy Palia

Dec 6, 2010, 5:21:23 AM12/6/10
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
DSCN4230.JPG

VISHNU R

Dec 6, 2010, 5:25:29 AM12/6/10
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
i think it is Coffea arabica- Rubiaceae

mani nair

Dec 6, 2010, 5:28:34 AM12/6/10
to VISHNU R, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
I think the unseasonal coffee blossom is due to the unseasonal rains and climatic change.

Regards,

Mani.

Yazdy Palia

Dec 6, 2010, 6:04:59 AM12/6/10
to VISHNU R, indiantreepix
No Mr. Vishnu, it is Robusta. I have a few Arabica plants and they are
very slender. We have planted plants that have sprouted from fallen
coffee. some of these plants have features that are unique. This may
be one of them.
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

Yazdy Palia

Dec 6, 2010, 6:08:53 AM12/6/10
to mani nair, VISHNU R, indiantreepix
No Mr. Mani, some plants do produce unseasonal blossoms, but very
little. They have to be removed even if pollinated because we may face
infestation of berry borer beetle. The berry borer beetle can multiply
only within the coffee been and once the picking is complete, they do
not have the chance to multiply. If however there are unseasonal
crops, we give the opportunity for them to multiply even during off
season.
Regards
Yazdy.

mani nair