Fw: Re: [efloraofindia:63871] Common Spurred Dendrobium flowering

Neil Soares

Sep 13, 2011, 12:38:39 AM9/13/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 As this mail has not yet showed up in my inbox, am resending it.
                     Regards,
                      Neil Soares.

From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
To: "efloraofindia" <indian...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: sahani...@gmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, santr...@yahoo.com, sameer...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, avi...@yahoo.com, "Neil Soares" <drneil...@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, September 12, 2011, 4:53 PM

A reply from Santosh Yadav ji:
"Hi, it look like D. ovatum to me.."

On 12 September 2011 10:52, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Some earlier relevant feedback:
“Neil Ji very nice photo , if you have the photos of the leaves kindly post
Tanay”

“I have been looking at this plant since morning and trying to conclude if this is Dendrobium barbatulum or Dendrobium ovatum. Unfortunately I can reach to any conclusion!!
I have been telling people to send me some flowers of both of the species since a long time, but havent got any, untill recently Ms. Smita told me that she is sending some, which is yet to reach me.
The link you have provided seems to me as a different flower than this one. This is green, the flower on the link is reddish. If you can compare the spur of your flower with Mr Swagat's then you will find this one to be much longer than the other. I will wait for Smita's specimen and study more to confirm.
In the meantime, anyone who is willing to share pics of both (if they think they know both plants), they can send me the samples in 70% (atleast 5 flowers with bracts), in separate bottles or may be in same bottle with flwoers properly labelled.
I would be grateful.
Regards
Pankaj”

Sep 13, 2011, 12:53:33 AM9/13/11
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Neil ji,
It won't show in your Inbox until replied by somebody.
Till than it remains in your 'Sent' folder.

shrikant ingalhalikar

Sep 13, 2011, 1:02:44 AM9/13/11
to efloraofindia
Neilji, 2 pictures together with sizes of flowers would have clarified
the matter. This IS D. barbatulum with larger flowers (2-3 cm) and
narrowly lanceolate sepals. Regards, Shrikant

Neil Soares

Sep 13, 2011, 3:33:02 AM9/13/11
to efloraofindia, shrikant ingalhalikar
Thanks Mr.Ingalhalikar.