Request for Tree ID 0003

raman

Jun 7, 2011, 10:53:22 PM6/7/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
This is from Lalbagh, Bangalore. You cann see this opposite to the parking lot.

Thanks,
Raman
ZZ Unknown 003 Tree - Fruit.jpg
ZZ Unknown 003 Tree - Flower.jpg

raman

Jun 9, 2011, 4:14:24 AM6/9/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way I can check some database?

I have searched in flowerofindia.net, pradeep kishen' book, and other available pdf's on  the net.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Raman

Mahadeswara

Jun 9, 2011, 7:14:22 AM6/9/11
to efloraofindia
Seems to be a very interesting tree. Can you send a close up of the
flowers and fruits if possible.
>  ZZ Unknown 003 Tree - Fruit.jpg
> 275KViewDownload
>
>  ZZ Unknown 003 Tree - Flower.jpg
> 351KViewDownload

raman

Jun 9, 2011, 8:30:08 AM6/9/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
I don't have the closeup of the flower. but leaf, and bark

Raman

ZZ Unknown 003 Tree - Bark.jpg
ZZ Unknown 003 Tree - Canopy.jpg
ZZ Unknown 003 Tree - Leaf.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Jun 10, 2011, 1:42:46 AM6/10/11
to efloraofindia
Mr. Raman, a close up of flower and even of the cut fruit is necessary
to determine the family and the sp. ID. You may pick up a fallen
flower and a fruit. It seems to be an unusual tree hence this request.
Regards, Shrikant

On Jun 9, 5:30 pm, raman <raman_arunacha...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I don't have the closeup of the flower. but leaf, and bark
>
> Raman
>
>  ZZ Unknown 003 Tree - Bark.jpg
> 185KViewDownload
>
>  ZZ Unknown 003 Tree - Canopy.jpg
> 279KViewDownload
>
>  ZZ Unknown 003 Tree - Leaf.jpg
> 117KViewDownload

Mahadeswara

Jun 16, 2011, 2:42:55 AM6/16/11
to efloraofindia
I am scratching my head as this tree is in Bangalore Lalbagh; and
am familiar with most of the other trees there. The nature of
flowers , the petals arrangements etc. lead me to think that this
could be a member of malphigiaceae. I suppose this tree could be
Byrsonima crassifolia syn. Malpighia crassifolia. I have requested
Raman to send a few more photographs of flowers (close ups)for con
firmation. Comments please..

On Jun 8, 7:53 am, raman <raman_arunacha...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  ZZ Unknown 003 Tree - Fruit.jpg
> 275KViewDownload
>
>  ZZ Unknown 003 Tree - Flower.jpg
> 351KViewDownload

raman

Jun 16, 2011, 3:06:18 AM6/16/11
to efloraofindia
I will go there and take few close up snaps next week
as I am out of town this week

Raman

raman

Jun 17, 2011, 10:03:58 AM6/17/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
http://toptropicals.com/catalog/uid/Byrsonima_crassifolia.htm

When I look at the above link it looks like it.

Raman

J.M. Garg

Sep 13, 2011, 1:25:07 AM9/13/11
to efloraofindia, raman_ar...@yahoo.com, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, M Swamy, naray...@gmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, noorunni...@frlht.org, varunv...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I don't have the closeup of the flower. but leaf, and bark

Raman”

“ I am scratching my head as   this tree is in Bangalore Lalbagh; and am familiar with most of the other  trees there. The nature of

flowers , the petals arrangements etc. lead me to think that this could be a member of malphigiaceae.  I suppose this tree could be

Byrsonima crassifolia syn. Malpighia   crassifolia.   I have requested Raman to send a few more  photographs of flowers (close ups)for con firmation.  Comments please..” from Mahadeswara ji.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1700 members & 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5500 species)

ZZ Unknown 003 Tree - Fruit.jpg
ZZ Unknown 003 Tree - Flower.jpg

Mohan V. Chunkath

Sep 13, 2011, 4:01:30 AM9/13/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Raman,
New to me. Very nice photograph. Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Mohan

J.M. Garg

Sep 15, 2011, 7:52:17 AM9/15/11
to efloraofindia, raman_ar...@yahoo.com, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, M Swamy, naray...@gmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, noorunni...@frlht.org, varunv...@gmail.com
A reply;
"Byrsonima crassifolia syn. Malpighia crassifolia." from Mahadeswara ji.