Id Confirmation 26052011 PJ 2

PUTTARAJU K

May 26, 2011, 9:08:37 AM5/26/11
to indiantreepix

Dear All,

 Id  confirmation requested for the following attachment. is it Humboltia brunonis..?

Date/Time-: 12/05/11   -    07:45

Location- Place, Altitude - Kaiga , Uttar Kannada ,Karnataka, 380 mtrs

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-   wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- tree

Height/Length - 7 mtr

--
With Regards,
PUTTARAJU K,

manudev madhavan

May 27, 2011, 1:18:21 AM5/27/11
to PUTTARAJU K, indiantreepix
Surely it is not Humboldtia brunonis
Possibly some Dipterocarpaceae member
--
Manudev K Madhavan
Junior Research Fellow

Vijayasankar

May 27, 2011, 10:53:32 AM5/27/11
to manudev madhavan, PUTTARAJU K, indiantreepix
How about Myristica sp.?

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Vijayasankar

May 28, 2011, 11:25:43 AM5/28/11
to indiatreepix
Forwarding a response from Kottaimuthu:

Sep 2, 2011, 7:37:07 AM9/2/11
to efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorunni...@frlht.org, navend...@gmail.com, kottai muthu, manudev madhavan, PUTTARAJU K

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Surely it is not Humboldtia brunonis
Possibly some Dipterocarpaceae member
--

Manudev K Madhavan”

“How about Myristica sp.?
Regards
Vijayasankar Raman”

“This could be Myristicaceae member most probably Knema?

Sincerely
R. Kottaimuthu”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1700 members & 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 5000 species)

Humboldtia brunonis.JPG
Humboldtia brunonis.1.JPG

navendu page

Sep 2, 2011, 7:42:19 AM9/2/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorunni...@frlht.org, kottai muthu, manudev madhavan, PUTTARAJU K
Myristica dactyloides
--
Navendu Page

PhD student
Kartik Shanker's Lab
Center for Ecological Sciences
Indian Institute of Science
Bangalore - 560012
Ph: +91 9611053510

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 2, 2011, 1:17:53 PM9/2/11
to PUTTARAJU K, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorunni...@frlht.org, kottai muthu, manudev madhavan, navendu page
I agree with Navendu, this is Myristica dactyloides of Myristicaceae family

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

J.M. Garg

Mar 11, 2018, 7:03:00 AM3/11/18
to efloraofindia, PUTTARAJU K, Vijayasankar Raman, navendu page
Taking it as Myristica beddomei King as per Conspectus on Indian Gymnacranthera and Myristica D. Banik, P.P. Bora, V. Sampath Kumar and R.L. Bezbaruah- Rheedea Vol. 27(1) 1–12 2017