Malvaceae Week: Ladies Finger - Abelmoschus esculentus (MW-AR09)

raghu ananth

Sep 11, 2011, 12:58:34 AM9/11/11
to efloraofindia
Malvaceae Week: Ladies Finger - Abelmoschus esculentus (MW-AR09)

Bhindi,
Kannada: Bende Kai

(Bende Kai Gojju  is a mouth watering recipe served with steaming Rice/Ragi roti)

Shrub Native

Kela hanumanti village, Uttara Kannada dist. Karnataka
Home Garden,
DSC_7968 Ladies Finger Abelmoschus esculentus Malvaceae Shrub Native Kela hanumanti Uttara Kannada Flower.jpg
DSC_7968 Ladies Finger Abelmoschus esculentus Malvaceae Shrub Native Kela hanumanti Uttara Kannada Plant.jpg

Ushadi micromini

Sep 11, 2011, 2:31:27 AM9/11/11
to efloraofindia
AAAH, but where's my Bhindi ki tarkari?

nice.. were there any fruits on the plants yet?
Usha di
>  DSC_7968 Ladies Finger Abelmoschus esculentus Malvaceae Shrub Native Kela hanumanti Uttara Kannada Flower.jpg
> 219KViewDownload
>
>  DSC_7968 Ladies Finger Abelmoschus esculentus Malvaceae Shrub Native Kela hanumanti Uttara Kannada Plant.jpg
> 167KViewDownload

Madhuri Pejaver

Sep 11, 2011, 3:57:54 AM9/11/11
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth
Have heard that it is good for diabetes and also brainy people like it? or good brain tonic?
True?
beautiful photo.
Good you reminded of food.
Madhuri

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 11, 2011, 4:24:39 AM9/11/11
to Madhuri Pejaver, efloraofindia, raghu ananth
Madhuri ji
Should brainy people use it, or those those who need to improve it?
Any way I being diabetic would find it useful bothways.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

formp...@yahoo.com

Sep 11, 2011, 4:38:10 AM9/11/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Efloraindia, raghu ananth
Cut the lady finger near its stem joint and keep erect in water overnight. Drink water in morning and eat the fruit too.
For first part I want the answer. Any way eating Bhendi has kept me brainy.
Haha
Madhuri

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com>