Request for ID

Paresh Phalak

Nov 10, 2010, 9:50:55 AM11/10/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all..

Please help me in identifying this plant..

I spotted this one in Jalgaon, Maharashtra in September, 2010. It was a small tree, merely 5 feet tall. Is it a Sea Hibiscus(Hibiscus Tiliaceus)..?

Regards,
Paresh.
Copy of IMG_8148.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Nov 12, 2010, 6:10:53 AM11/12/10
to efloraofindia
Involucral bracts free, linear, 8-12, shorter than calyx. Flowers
about 6 cm, leaves cordate. This would be Fioria vitifolia. Regards,
Shrikant
>  Copy of IMG_8148.jpg
> 23KViewDownload

Dinesh Valke

Nov 12, 2010, 6:24:58 AM11/12/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Shrikant ji ... somehow this flower does not look like that of Fioria vitifolia to me.

My visualization: flower of Fioria vitifolia resembles in texture and shape to that of Azanza lampas ... most often pendulous, with extra tone of yellow.

The calyx and bud looks very different here.

My picture of Fioria vitifolia: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/5070439843/
For more views of Fioria vitifolia: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Fioriavitifolia&w=91314344%40N00&m=tags

Regards.

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 1, 2010, 12:22:48 PM12/1/10
to efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Dinesh Valke, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation

Earlier feedback

Shrikant ji....................Involucral bracts free, linear, 8-12, shorter than calyx. Flowers
about 6 cm, leaves cordate. This would be Fioria vitifolia.

Dinesh ji......................Shrikant ji ... somehow this flower does not look like that of Fioria vitifolia to me.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Dec 20, 2010, 11:49:36 PM12/20/10
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Paresh Phalak, rajdeo singh, satish pardeshi, Rashida Atthar
A reply:
"it is not Fioria vitifolia (the epicalyx segments much longer and linear) nor Hibiscus tiliaceous (it has epicalyx segments which are broader at base)
Regards
Satish Pardeshi"

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 13, 2011, 9:28:43 PM1/13/11
to efloraofindia, Paresh Phalak, Dinesh Valke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation
Earlier feedback
Shrikant ji....................Involucral bracts free, linear, 8-12, shorter than calyx. Flowers
about 6 cm, leaves cordate. This would be Fioria vitifolia.

Dinesh ji......................Shrikant ji ... somehow this flower does not look like that of Fioria vitifolia to me.
My visualization: flower of Fioria vitifolia resembles in texture and shape to that of Azanza lampas ... most often pendulous, with extra tone of yellow.
The calyx and bud looks very different here.

Pardeshi ji.....................................A reply:
"it is not Fioria vitifolia (the epicalyx segments much longer and linear) nor Hibiscus tiliaceous (it has epicalyx segments which are broader at base)

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
Jan 14, 2011, 4:18:39 AM1/14/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Paresh Phalak, Dinesh Valke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Hi,
I am uploading a similar looking plant thinking this to be same, but
the habitat is quite far away in Panipat Distt.of Haryana. I apologise
in advance if it turns out to be a different species. Can it be an
Abelmoschus species?

Thanks
--
Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany

UNID-Abelmoschus.JPG
UNID-Abelmoschus (1).JPG
UNID-Abelmoschus (2).JPG
UNID-Abelmoschus (2).JPG
UNID-Abelmoschus (4).JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 30, 2011, 12:29:05 AM1/30/11
to efloraofindia
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation
Earlier feedback
Shrikant ji....................Involucral bracts free, linear, 8-12, shorter than calyx. Flowers
about 6 cm, leaves cordate. This would be Fioria vitifolia.

Dinesh ji......................Shrikant ji ... somehow this flower does not look like that of Fioria vitifolia to me.
My visualization: flower of Fioria vitifolia resembles in texture and shape to that of Azanza lampas ... most often pendulous, with extra tone of yellow.
The calyx and bud looks very different here.

Pardeshi ji.....................................A reply:
"it is not Fioria vitifolia (the epicalyx segments much longer and linear) nor Hibiscus tiliaceous (it has epicalyx segments which are broader at base)

Nidhan ji.............................................i,
I am uploading a similar looking plant thinking this to be same, but
the habitat is quite far away in Panipat Distt.of Haryana. I apologise
in advance if it turns out to be a different species. Can it be an
Abelmoschus species?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Nov 25, 2017, 12:16:11 PM11/25/17
to efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, DineshValke, satish pardeshi, Nidhan Singh, paresh...@gmail.com
I think close to images at Abelmoschus tuberculatus Pal & Singh
Copy of IMG_8148.jpg