Tamaricaria elegans from Ladakh (17/06/2011 NSJ-01)

Narendra Joshi

Jun 17, 2011, 2:29:07 AM6/17/11
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

Elegant False Tamarisk (Tamaricaria elegans) in full bloom from Nubra
Valley, Ladakh

--
With Regards,
Narendra Joshi

Elegant False Tamarisk.jpg
Elegant False Tamarisk 2.jpg
Elegant False Tamarisk 3.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 17, 2011, 6:36:37 AM6/17/11
to Narendra Joshi, indiantreepix
Really nice one Joshi

Flora of China again in 2007 hs brought it back as Myricaria elegans and the same is followed by Tropicos and Kew Plant List.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

amit chauhan

Jun 17, 2011, 6:44:16 AM6/17/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Narendra Joshi, indiantreepix
Commonly known as Oumbu in Ladakhi language
A very Common species and characteristic of riveraine vegetation
Crushed aerial parts are used as poltice on joints to relieve pain and
oedema (Aamchi System of Medicines).

regards

--
Dr. Amit Chauhan
Junior Technical Assistant

Narendra Joshi

Jun 17, 2011, 7:21:25 AM6/17/11
to amit chauhan, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thank you Gurcharan Ji and Amit Ji.

With regards,

Narendra Joshi

Ushadi micromini

Jun 17, 2011, 6:49:45 PM6/17/11
to efloraofindia

Joshi ji: nice pics...

Amitji: Aamchi System of Medicines...is this book?
if yes... coul you give me complete citation including ISBN. please
thank you,
usha di

=========

On Jun 17, 3:44 pm, amit chauhan <amitci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Commonly known as Oumbu in Ladakhi language
> A very Common species and characteristic of riveraine vegetation
> Crushed aerial parts are used as poltice on joints to relieve pain and
> oedema (Aamchi System of Medicines).
>
> regards
>
> On 6/17/11, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Really nice one Joshi
>
> > Flora of China again in 2007 hs brought it back as Myricaria elegans and the
> > same is followed by Tropicos and Kew Plant List.
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> > On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Narendra Joshi <narend...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Dear Friends,
>
> >> Elegant False Tamarisk  (Tamaricaria elegans) in full bloom from Nubra
> >> Valley, Ladakh
>
> >> --
> >> With Regards,
> >> Narendra Joshi
>
> --
> Dr. Amit Chauhan
> Junior Technical Assistant
> Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Research Centre,
> Pantnagar, PO Dairy Farm Nagla, Pantnagar, Udham Singh Nagar,
> Uttarakhand 263149
> ph.05944 234445
> mob.+919412161087
> mail: amitci...@gmail.com
> amitci...@rediffmail.com
> amit.chau...@cimap.res.in

amit chauhan

Jun 18, 2011, 12:47:23 AM6/18/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
No, Ushadi its not a book but Aamchis are local vaidya/healers in
Ladakh and they are well versed with herbs and practice age old
Tibetan system

regards

mail: amit...@gmail.com
amit...@rediffmail.com
amit.c...@cimap.res.in

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 1, 2020, 12:17:26 AM11/1/20
to efloraofindia
This and other posts on the page need to go under  Myrtama elegans (Royle) Ovcz. & Kinzikaeva
Distributed as Myricaria elegans
Both POWO and  Catalogue of Life treat it under Myrtama
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh