ID request-28012011-PKA1

Prashant awale

Jan 28, 2011, 1:00:53 PM1/28/11
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

I had seen this small Tree  near Vibhuti Water Fall (Yana- North Karnataka). Tree was around 6 to 7M tall. Leaves alternate, petiole approx 10mm.

Date/Time: 20-01-2011 / 10:30AM
Location: Vibhuti Falls, Yana
Habitat: Wild,
Plant Habit: Tree

Could this be "Blachia denudata" of Euphorbiaceae. Kindly validate the ID.

regards
Prashant
IMG_4086.jpg
IMG_4095.jpg
IMG_4100.jpg
IMG_4103.jpg
IMG_4105.jpg
IMG_4107.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Jan 28, 2011, 8:02:11 PM1/28/11
to efloraofindia
Yes, these are male flowers of Blachia denudata of Euphorbiaceae.
Regards, Shrikant
>  IMG_4086.jpg
> 176KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_4095.jpg
> 160KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_4100.jpg
> 204KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_4103.jpg
> 190KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_4105.jpg
> 198KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_4107.jpg
> 189KViewDownload

Prashant awale

Jan 29, 2011, 9:41:08 AM1/29/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Thanks Shrikant ji for Validating this ID.

regards
Prashant

J.M. Garg

Nov 24, 2013, 7:06:25 PM11/24/13
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Tapas Chakrabarty, Nambiyath Balakrishnan
A reply from another thread:
"I think it is Blachia calycina. However, it is not possible to confirm the identity without female flowers or fruits.
T. Chakrabarty."

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Nambiyath Balakrishnan

Nov 25, 2013, 4:23:35 AM11/25/13
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Prashant awale, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Tapas Chakrabarty
I endorse the views expressed by Tapas Chakrabarty
N. P. Balakrishnan, 25 Nov. 2013