ID No. CRF_110

raju das

Jan 9, 2011, 3:15:32 PM1/9/11
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

Please help to Identify this plant

Date: 09-01-2011
Location- Kokrajhar,Assam (Ele-185 m)
Habitat- Wild
Plant Habit-  Herb/shrub
Height/Length- 30-170cm
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- 8-10X 3-5cm
Inflorescence Type/ Size- as seen in photo
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-as seen in photo
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- not found

--
Raju Das
Nature's Foster

J.M. Garg

Apr 21, 2011, 3:41:29 AM4/21/11
to efloraofindia, rites...@gmail.com, dr_m...@yahoo.com, tab...@gmail.com, dasr...@gmail.com, snmurt...@gmail.com, ghosh...@gmail.com, prana...@gmail.com

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

DSC_6183.jpg
DSC_6182.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 9, 2011, 8:58:49 AM8/9/11
to efloraofindia, rites...@gmail.com, dr_m...@yahoo.com, tab...@gmail.com, dasr...@gmail.com, snmurt...@gmail.com, ghosh...@gmail.com, prana...@gmail.com, gcsb...@gmail.com, mithi...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pra...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2011, 5:36:28 AM8/10/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, rites...@gmail.com, dr_m...@yahoo.com, tab...@gmail.com, dasr...@gmail.com, snmurt...@gmail.com, ghosh...@gmail.com, prana...@gmail.com, gcsb...@gmail.com, mithi...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pra...@gmail.com
Looks like Hygrophilla auriculata ?

regards

--
Dr. Amit Chauhan
Junior Technical Assistant

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Dec 2, 2020, 2:29:49 AM12/2/20
to efloraofindia
Flora of Peninsular India
Eranthemum purpurascens Wight ex Nees. ??
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

JM Garg

Dec 12, 2020, 6:38:24 AM12/12/20
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dec 12, 2020, 6:40:56 AM12/12/20
to efloraofindia, raju das, Saroj Kasaju
To me it appears like some Strobilanthes species.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
DSC_6183.jpg
DSC_6182.jpg

J.M. Garg

Dec 12, 2020, 7:48:58 AM12/12/20
to efloraofindia, raju das, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Dr. Wood.

Dec 19, 2020, 1:37:57 AM12/19/20
to efloraofindia, raju das, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Dr. Wood.
But I did not find the shape of the corolla like this in any Eranthemum species.
What other genus can it be?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Dec 25, 2020, 10:02:14 AM12/25/20
to efloraofindia, raju das, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Dr. Wood, for the id.
It matches perfectly with the GBIF- specimen of Eranthemum tubiflorum as well as the distribution as per POWO.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 26, 2020, 1:21:51 AM12/26/20
to J.M. Garg, John Wood, efloraofindia, raju das

Thank you Dr. Wood.
ID validated after 9 years after resurfacing!
Saroj Kasaju