amit uid Polygala

amit chauhan

Feb 22, 2011, 5:38:14 AM2/22/11
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

Help me in Identifying this Polygala sp.

Collected from Bageshwar, flowers purple, roots tuberous and aromatic
(smell similar to Methyl salycilate used in the brand IODEX)
--
Dr. Amit Chauhan
Junior Technical Assistant

amit uid 3 (2).jpg
Amit uid 3.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 21, 2011, 9:58:57 AM3/21/11
to efloraofindia, amit chauhan, Nidhan Singh, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Vijayasankar

Mar 21, 2011, 12:24:42 PM3/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, amit chauhan, Nidhan Singh, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Please check it for Polygala furcata (just a guess). Our plant had erect stem 5-10 cm, and larger leaves.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

J.M. Garg

Jun 29, 2011, 8:14:39 AM6/29/11
to efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, Vijayasankar Raman

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Please check it for Polygala furcata (just a guess). Our plant had erect stem 5-10 cm, and larger leaves.

Regards
Vijayasankar Raman”

Jan 31, 2019, 3:27:02 AM1/31/19
to efloraofindia, amit chauhan, Vijayasankar Raman
To me appears close to images at Polygala crotalarioides Buch.-Ham. ex DC.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

amit uid 3 (2).jpg
Amit uid 3.jpg

Ushadi Micromini

Jan 31, 2019, 3:57:43 AM1/31/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, amit chauhan, Vijayasankar Raman
AMit
I like your description of odor/scent/ et al of plants

seems all kinds of polygal are sprouting and flowering this fortnight

usha di

Usha di

Ushadi Micromini

Jan 31, 2019, 4:07:15 AM1/31/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, amit chauhan, Vijayasankar Raman
i forgot to ask
amit
what month was it when you photographed this plant?

--
Usha di