Rosaceae Week - Potentilla Sp. (NSJ-03/10/11 -04)

Narendra Joshi

Oct 3, 2011, 3:55:28 AM10/3/11
to indiantreepix
Dear friends,

Potentilla Sp. Photo taken at Khardungla village (~ 16000 feet) in June 2011

botanical ID yet to be confirmed

--
With Regards,
Narendra Joshi

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 3, 2011, 5:41:15 AM10/3/11
to Narendra Joshi, indiantreepix
The closest I can think is Potentilla peduncularis

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Oct 3, 2011, 9:06:51 PM10/3/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Narendra Joshi, indiantreepix
Yes Sir looks like Potentilla peduncularis
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

chrischa...@btinternet.com

Jan 21, 2017, 9:39:35 PM1/21/17
to efloraofindia
This does NOT match Potentilla peduncularis - a species not only not recorded from Ladakh but not found further West than Nepal!

There are quite a lot of Potentillas in Ladakh, some of which I am not familiar with yet.  I shall take another look at this when time
permits.

J.M. Garg

Jan 23, 2017, 9:54:05 AM1/23/17
to chrischa...@btinternet.com, efloraofindia, Narendra Joshi

Thanks a lot,  Chadwell ji.

JM Garg

Feb 2, 2017, 12:55:56 AM2/2/17
to efloraofindia

Some earlier relevant feedback:

The closest I can think is Potentilla peduncularis

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh

Yes Sir looks like Potentilla peduncularis --
Regards
Dr Balkar Singh

This does NOT match Potentilla peduncularis - a species not only not recorded from Ladakh but not found further West than Nepal!
There are quite a lot of Potentillas in Ladakh, some of which I am not familiar with yet. I shall take another look at this when time permits.
- from Chadwell ji

Potentilla 1.jpg
Potentilla 2.jpg

C CHADWELL

Feb 5, 2017, 9:53:19 PM2/5/17
to JM Garg, efloraofindia
Do not currently have time to look closely into the 33 + species of Potentilla currently
recorded for Ladakh.

I only listed 14 species in my informal check-list for Ladakh in the 1980s!

Requires not just days probably WEEKS of sustained effort to understand the genus better
in Ladakh - let alone the Himalaya as a whole.....

Best Wishes,

Chris Chadwell

81 Parlaunt Road
SLOUGH
SL3 8BE
UK

JM Garg

Nov 17, 2020, 3:40:21 AM11/17/20
to efloraofindia
Potentilla 1.jpg
Potentilla 2.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 17, 2020, 3:41:39 AM11/17/20
to efloraofindia, Narendra Joshi, GurcharanSingh, Saroj Kasaju
Potentilla pamirica Th.Wolf ??
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

With regards,
J.M.Garg
Potentilla 1.jpg
Potentilla 2.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 19, 2020, 1:22:16 AM11/19/20
to efloraofindia, Narendra Joshi, GurcharanSingh, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Saroj ji, for the id.
Yes, appears close as per FOI an GBIF specimens:
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 19, 2020, 1:45:40 AM11/19/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Narendra Joshi, GurcharanSingh

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju