lamiaceae & verbenaceae week: Salvia officinalis from my garden in Ritterhude

Na Bha

Jul 7, 2011, 7:00:23 AM7/7/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Here are some fotos of Salvia Officinalis taken in June 2010 from my
garden in Ritterhude.

Salvia is native to the Mediterranean region but can be found in gardens
in northern regions too. As the name suggests it has healing properties.
Tee from Salvia leaves is very good against cold and cough. Fresh and
dry leaves are used in the kitchen in many, mainly in fischrecipies.
I have plenty of Salbei in my garden and I cut the branches and hang
them over the fireplace. In winter, if we make fire the room is filled
with Salbeifragrance. It si a lso supposed to be insectrepellent.

Regards
Nalini

Echter-Salbei-100_6757.JPG
Echter-Salbei-100_6753.JPG
Echter-Salbei-100_6755.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 7, 2011, 9:51:30 AM7/7/11
to Na Bha, indian...@googlegroups.com
Another good collection, Nalini ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Satish Phadke

Jul 7, 2011, 10:43:39 AM7/7/11
to Na Bha, indian...@googlegroups.com
Adding my pictures of S.officinalis from SF Bot.garden Jun 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Na Bha <nabha-...@gmx.de> wrote:
Salvia officinalis_MG_2245s.jpg
Salvia officinalis_MG_2246.jpg

Na Bha

Jul 7, 2011, 4:44:31 PM7/7/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Prof. Singh ji,
with the help of this collection and above all with the help of the group, i am getting to know what treasures I have in my small garden.
Regards
Nalini