Plant for ID 25/08/2011 SMP1

Satish Phadke

Aug 25, 2011, 11:49:42 AM8/25/11
to indiantreepix
Is it some impatiens species?
I don't remember where I shot it. Some herb which I don't have any other details.
Dr Phadke
DSCN4462s.jpg

Prashant awale

Aug 25, 2011, 12:03:28 PM8/25/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Could be Angelonia angustifolia??
Regards
Prashant

Dinesh Valke

Aug 25, 2011, 12:06:20 PM8/25/11
to Prashant awale, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
... me too strongly think so ... Angelonia angustifolia ... Satish ji, you may have certainly found it planted.
Regards.
Dinesh

Smilax004

Aug 25, 2011, 12:05:19 PM8/25/11
to efloraofindia
Angelonia angustifolia of Plantaginaceae family. Was it wild?

Regards,
Giby
>  DSCN4462s.jpg
> 152KViewDownload

Smilax004

Aug 25, 2011, 12:03:46 PM8/25/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Angelonia angustifolia of Plantaginaceae family. Was it growing wild?

Regards,
Giby

On Aug 25, 8:49 pm, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  DSCN4462s.jpg
> 152KViewDownload

Satish Phadke

Aug 25, 2011, 1:18:41 PM8/25/11
to Smilax004, efloraofindia
Thanks Prashant ji; Dinesh ji;Giby ji
It looks to be same. Since I don't remember its location it must be from some garden/Planted one.
Dr Phadke

shrikant ingalhalikar

Aug 25, 2011, 11:26:49 PM8/25/11
to efloraofindia
This Angelonia is a common garden escape in hilly areas from Goa to
entire south India. Grows gregarious and is naturalised. Regards,
Shrikant
> > > 152KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

Dinesh Valke

Aug 26, 2011, 12:06:46 AM8/26/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Many thanks Shrikant ji for letting know of the plant's naturalization.
Regards.
Dinesh

Satish Phadke

Aug 27, 2011, 9:51:31 AM8/27/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Thanks Shrikant ji for the further imp. information.
Satish

JM Garg

May 25, 2018, 8:26:39 AM5/25/18
to efloraofindia, Satish Phadke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Prabhu kumar KM, GurcharanSingh, Prashant awale, DineshValke
Taking it as Angelonia biflora for the time being, in view of discussions at Angelonia angustifolia FOR VALIDATION
DSCN4462s.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 4, 2020, 2:11:39 AM6/4/20
to efloraofindia, Satish Phadke

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).

DSCN4462s.jpg